Corsair Community

Corsair 600T and Corsair H70

Viggo

Hi,

Is it possible to equip the Corsair 600T with the H70 water cooling? I've read that there is a problem fitting the push pull fans included with the H70 in this case. There is simply not enough room?

Does anyone have any input on this?

Thanks

Viggo

• Corsair Employee
This depends on the motherboard. Some motherboards have a large chipset heatsink which may block the H70. If this is the case then you can install on of the fans on the H70 outside the back of the case to give yourself a little more room for the installation.

I have been waiting a long time for the Corsair 600T but it is important that it will work with this setup:

Case: Corsair 600T

Water cooling: corsair H70 (with the included push & pull fans)

MB: Asus Rampage III Extreme

The reason I'm asking is because I recently found this review:

http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cases_cooling/corsair_600t_case_review/1

Please advice.

Thanks

Viggo

I mounted my H70 earlier this week into a 600T with an EVGA P55 FTW motherboard. It fit just fine. I have it rotated so that the tubes are at the top of the H70 and one of them barely touches the 200mm fan but there isn't any issues.

The only problem that I have is with the tubes mounted to the right of the CPU mount that they are in the way of me mounting my AirFlow fan onto the memory. This might be made worse by how close the memory slots are to the CPU on the P55 boards.

EDIT: I watched the review you posted and the only issue he said about not being able to use a H70 is when you are also using a 240mm rad up top. With the standard 200mm fan up top you will only have issues with the H70 if your board has huge heatsinks on it.

• 3 weeks later...

How do you have the H70 setup? Meaning Intake or Exhaust?

I ask because I currently have the H70 in a Cooler Master Stacker 832; it is setup to intake air. I cannot use the side fan door on this case (its a secondary internal door) due to the H70's radiator being in the way; as a result I am exhausting air out with a single 120mm fan out the front (and in to my lap). I really like my Stacker but it is getting tiring dealing with parts that don't or can't work due to new technology. I am REALLY interested in the 600T but I am concerned about the cooling. I want to do a minimal overclock to a 3.2Ghz on my Q6600. However if the cooling in this case is really subpar as many reviews state then I may look at the Storm Sniper instead.

How do you have the H70 setup? Meaning Intake or Exhaust?

I ask because I currently have the H70 in a Cooler Master Stacker 832; it is setup to intake air. I cannot use the side fan door on this case (its a secondary internal door) due to the H70's radiator being in the way; as a result I am exhausting air out with a single 120mm fan out the front (and in to my lap). I really like my Stacker but it is getting tiring dealing with parts that don't or can't work due to new technology. I am REALLY interested in the 600T but I am concerned about the cooling. I want to do a minimal overclock to a 3.2Ghz on my Q6600. However if the cooling in this case is really subpar as many reviews state then I may look at the Storm Sniper instead.

Right now I have my H70 in exhaust. The main reason being is that I have two nVidia 460's that exhaust their hot air out the back of the case. If I used intake it would be grabbing all that hot air and bringing it back in. If I was running video cards that released their hot air into the case I might have to change that.

Since I have the H70 as exhaust the top 200mm fan is doing ok in exhaust too. I am not completely happy with the front 200mm fan as the only intake and might swap that out with another 200mm fan to get more air into the case. But overall my case temps are pretty good. Again that could all change if my video cards were not external exhaust.

Thanks.. Really appreciate the response..

I wonder if they, Corsair, will offer better fans for the case? or if we can make others work with out zip ties..

I just ordered my 600t so I am really excited to get it here..

Thanks again!

Don't know if this will help but just bought a H70 and 600T and the board i have is a..

http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=890GM%20Pro3

you could look at the lay out on this board and see if your board has similar lay out.

my fans are set as exhaust and with every thing inside the case..

Looking at it now there is plenty of clearance between the H70 and the board and the closes thing that comes close is the chipset cooler and even that's a good 30mm...

• 2 weeks later...

I installed a H70 into a 600T/Rampage III this weekend. Works a treat.

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/1396/dscn0637r.jpg

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1188/dscn0636x.jpgSpecs are :

Corsair 600T

Corsair AX1200 PSU

i7 980x

12gb G.Skill Pi 1600mhz CAS6

2 x EVGA SC+ GTX 480 + Backplate + High Airflow Bracket

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro

Crucial C300 256GB SSD

2 x Samsung F4 2TB

Couple questions, I'm assuming you did intake on the radiator then? Whats your temps run? CPU, Case, and under loads. I see you have an extra fan inside the case, is that to help with air over your cards?

Am going for a build fairly similar to that....No sli though

Thanks

I installed a H70 into a 600T/Rampage III this weekend. Works a treat.

]Specs are :

Corsair 600T

Corsair AX1200 PSU

i7 980x

12gb ******** Pi 1600mhz CAS6

2 x EVGA SC+ GTX 480 + Backplate + High Airflow Bracket

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro

******** C300 256GB SSD

2 x Samsung F4 2TB

Hi,

Nice build Flanno.

I have a problem with heat in my 600T case. With 2 SLI connected Nvidia 470 I get > 93c on my GPU and the alarm buzz sounds. I have to open my case if I want to play games with high settings, otherwise the temps just gets over 93c. I have mounted a 120mm fan outside the case to draw cold air into the case, but it isn't enough. Flanno do the extra fan you installed help cool your GFX cards?

Thanks

Viggo

Lorthos - Yes, the H70 is intaking with 2 Akasa Vipers in push/pull. Great static pressure on those. I let the cpu header on my motherboard control the speed. At idle I am mid 30C. And under 100% running Intel Burntest at maximum, it never gets to 70C. This is using Realtemp to measure, so I am still over 25C to Tjmax. I am considering swapping out the top 200mm fan for 2 more Akasa Vipers and linking them into the motherboard header for pwm control using an adaptor. The top 200mm fan is pretty anemic.

Viggo - Regarding GPU temps, that's the reason I have the additional fan. I was able to screw it into the HD cage in the bottom and use zip ties on top. It keeps my GTX 480's idling in the mid to low 50's depending on ambient, and they stay under 80 degrees when gaming. The fan is hooked into a motherboard header and it increases in speed depending on the southbridge temp to which I've added a thermal probe. I'm going to change this fan very soon for a Silverstone Air Penetrator 120mm which has much more focused airflow. As my cards exhaust heat outside the case, and they have intakes on the front, the best place for additional gpu cooling is where I have mounted the fan I think.

Regarding your high temps - if I run the Heaven benchmark the cards can hit 95 degrees but they do that a much lower fan speed then before (due to the additional fan I have added). Still Fermis don't throttle till they hit 105C and 95C is within spec. I'm not sure why they are causing temperature issues for you, unless you are overclocking and your northbridge temps or ioh temps are rising out of control. Are you sure it's the card which is beeping ? You can try adding a fan, or using MSI Afterburner to adjust the fan profile so the gpu fans spin up earlier. But your temps seem normal for Fermi.

• 2 weeks later...
This depends on the motherboard. Some motherboards have a large chipset heatsink which may block the H70. If this is the case then you can install on of the fans on the H70 outside the back of the case to give yourself a little more room for the installation.

Can you please advise on what's the maximum chipset height the h70 can tolerate for a fitting in a 600T?

Thanks,

Erik

• 2 weeks later...

Flanno that sure looks like a sweet setup!

I have the Formula version of that board. Here is a link to a pic...(my 600T)

Personally, I think I'm going to spend more and avoid some of the limitations of the H70. I was interested in one of the 8888888888888 Because later down the line I can add another rad and water cool my video cards. Plus it doesn't drop heat into the case.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. I find the H70 pretty good. When I stress it out using Intel Burntest and my CPU at 4.2ghz, then it can get into the low 70'sC according to RealTemp but in everyday use the most stressful thing I do is gaming and I have never seen the cpu go over 60C, and this is at 4.2ghz. At stock is never goes over 50C whem gaming and idles in the low to mid 30'sC depending on ambient. According to RealTemp the Tjmax is around 105C, and I don't believe the cpu throttles until 95C. This is measuring Tjunc temps and not Tcase temps. It's pretty quiet too (the pump). I may reverse it so it's exhausting hot air since I just added my side fan. Pics below. I have the sidefan which is a 250mm running off the Corsair fan controller. At lowest setting it's very quiet and my GPU's now idle in low 30's and I've knocked over 10 degrees off them when stressed out. The fans on the gpu's now don't go over 55% either when gaming.

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/6193/dscn0686.jpg

http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/4453/dscn06920.jpg

Thanks. I acutally bought a 250mm fan/DIY kit from Performance PC's. I'm not sure of the brand to be honest but it shifts plenty of air at the lowest setting on the 600T fan controller.

Here is the link

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=36_327&products_id=24422

It comes with the mesh and trim for the outside.

All I had to do was cut the hole for it after measuring :D: And then it was just a matter of getting a 4pin molex to 3pin cable so I could hook it into the controller. Even on full blast it's not loud - you just hear a lot of airflow. Had to be careful with measurements so it didn't scuff against anything in the case (pci-e cables, psu, and h70 tubing).

hey what fans are you running on the h70? are they higher RPm/CFM? or lower?

Thanks. I find the H70 pretty good. When I stress it out using Intel Burntest and my CPU at 4.2ghz, then it can get into the low 70'sC according to RealTemp but in everyday use the most stressful thing I do is gaming and I have never seen the cpu go over 60C, and this is at 4.2ghz. At stock is never goes over 50C whem gaming and idles in the low to mid 30'sC depending on ambient. According to RealTemp the Tjmax is around 105C, and I don't believe the cpu throttles until 95C. This is measuring Tjunc temps and not Tcase temps. It's pretty quiet too (the pump). I may reverse it so it's exhausting hot air since I just added my side fan. Pics below. I have the sidefan which is a 250mm running off the Corsair fan controller. At lowest setting it's very quiet and my GPU's now idle in low 30's and I've knocked over 10 degrees off them when stressed out. The fans on the gpu's now don't go over 55% either when gaming.

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/6193/dscn0686.jpg

http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/4453/dscn06920.jpg

hey flanno i like your side fan , looks neat and proffesional......also how do you find your fans on the h70 compared to the stock fans which come with the h70?

ive been browsing these forums for a while but never posted.....

so heres my 600t with h70.......

http://l4d2stats.gamingdeluxe.net/maps/IMG_0112small.JPG

http://l4d2stats.gamingdeluxe.net/maps/IMG_0069pic.JPG

Very nice window that.

The H70 fans are way too loud even at lowest speed of 1600rpm. I recommend a pair of Akasa Viper pwm 120mm fans. That's what I use. Get yourself a pwm splitter cable and this allows you to plug both fans into the CPU header on your board. The bios then regulates the speed. Mine spin at around 780rpm and are silent. They get to around 1200rpm when gaming and when benching, will hit close to 1900rpm. This of course is loud but it's only the noise of air. No real motor noise or ticking/clicks. I also have another viper where the top HD cage is, and this blows air towards the southbridge depending on the southbridge temps...am using a thermal probe and the bios varies the speed depending on temps reported. The sidefan and 2x200 stock corsair fans are plugged into the fan controller and stay on min. except when benching.

Archived