Corsair Community

Whats the likelyhood of getting 2 kits with

Source284

1 module faulty in each? I purchased my computer parts Feb 2nd '12. Returned ram to Microcenter on Feb 14th '12. Now another module has failed.

Could it be my motherboard? Although i will say this each time all the bsod's, failure to install, and general errors go away once the faulty module is removed.

With this mother board it wants the ram in slots 1/3 or 2/4 if you have 2 modules. I have tried both 1/3 2/4 and even swapping the modules from 1 to 3 and 3 to 1 etc. So im pretty sure its the ram. Computer is running flawlessly with the one stick removed. I'm actually able to update windows/install programs for the first time since the errors began. With just the one faulty module in it wont even make it to windows. I have contacted gigabyte and will update this post when i recieve a reply.

The easiest way to find out is to run the memory through MEMTEST one stick at a time. That would eliminate a faulty module pretty quick.

It is possible it's the memory, it's just that the odds are pretty high that you would get another bad set. .From your last post it would appear that one of those is indeed faulty.

Archived