Corsair Community

SP RGB Fans only illuminate after Restart

Napascj

My 5x SP120 RGB fans will only light up after a reboot, no matter what profile I'm using or the instant lighting mode. My other lights all work and change colours etc. correctly (3x RGB Strips and K70 RGB Rapidfire). I'm using the Commander Pro lighting channel #1 for my fans if that's any help

Note: After re-booting the system, the fans light up and work as normal

Just a bit of an inconvenient bug to report. Apart from the small refinements that will come in the future, I'm loving the integration of iCUE!

So ... do they go out when iCue starts? Or they light up at system startup and then can't be changed from iCue?

When I start the PC the keyboard instantly lights up and then about 10 seconds later when I'm at the login screen the RGB strips light up (I guess iCUE started in the background) but not the fans. They never light up on initial boot-up. After a re-start they turn on the same time as the rest of the RGB strips as they should do and are fully customisable as they should be

I've been having a very similar problem and have been able to recreate it constantly. On startup from a full power-down state my 3 SP120 fans will not light, I do have full control over fan speed and monitoring though. Keyboard, mouse, water cooler and the three LL120's do light up just fine. I either have to do a system restart or force close all corsair process's and restart ICUE. I've attached logs from both startup (Where the lighting does not start) as well as after process restart when everything lights up fine.

startup.zip

postrestart.zip

I got a similar problem. I'm running 6 SP120 RGB with a Commander Pro, a K70 LUX and a Sabre RGB.

After Boot, keyboard and mouse work perfectly fine, but the fans stay dark. Unfortunately, a simple "restart" of iCUE doesn't fix it for me. I Have to kill the Corsair Service.exe using Taskmanager.

When I start iCUE afterwards: behold the RGB glory. Unfortunatley, in aprox. 1 out of 5 cases my Fan1 doesn't spin up. No matter what Fan-Profile I assing to it, even if I set it to 100% it just stays dead (while RGBing perfectly, mind).

Only a windows reboot fixes the spinning problem, but then the lights stay dark...

So I have decided to roll back to Cue and Link fpr the moment...

KR

LOKI

I have the same problem and read a similar issue on the forum here. Suggestions would be to change profile but that wouldn't help for me. So after some trial and error I found the solution to change the fan type at the lightning setup of my commander pro. Change it to something else and back to your original fan type and the lights go back on! :biggrin:

Would be nice to get this issue fixed in the next update though as you have to do this after every boot.

See the attachment for a screenshot.

icue_bug_no_fan_illum.png.123e295072c520e973e5a68d7ad3be2c.png

Archived