Corsair Community

DDR4 SKUs guaranteed Ver5.29?

sabishiihito

I've grown tired of the IC lottery on Corsair DDR4, both kits purchased online and in retail stores. I've been trying to get kits that have Hynix ICs (Ver5.29) but every 2800C16 Dominator Platinum I've bought the past few months has been Samsung (Ver4.23). Even higher spec kits like LPX 3000C15 and 3200C16 I've ordered from Amazon have turned out to be Samsung. Is there ANY SKU that is guaranteed to be Hynix aside from the super expensive kits like 3300+ speeds?

• 9 months later...
Funny thing, I can find Ver5.29 easily now but I don't care about Hynix MFR anymore. Samsung B-die is where it's at (Ver4.31).

Where are you ordering from and what speed, cas, and density? I am looking for 2400's 8x8 and am ONLY finding 4.2x's?

Find me a set and I will buy from you :-)

Where are you ordering from and what speed, cas, and density? I am looking for 2400's 8x8 and am ONLY finding 4.2x's?

Find me a set and I will buy from you :-)

At Micro Center, but only the 2 stick sets have a window where you can see the label with the version number. So far I've seen 5.29 on 2x4GB 3200C16 LPX and some of the 2x8GB 2666C16 LPX.

At Micro Center, but only the 2 stick sets have a window where you can see the label with the version number. So far I've seen 5.29 on 2x4GB 3200C16 LPX and some of the 2x8GB 2666C16 LPX.

And of course since I want 8 sticks, corsair will tell me I am silly for not buying the 8x8 kit instead of 4 x 2 Stick kits since they won't be guaranteed to operate in harmony.

Also 2666 I believe runs at bclk of 125 and 3200 even higher.

EDIT: noticed you are talking on the LPX as well. I am searching for the Dominator Platinum's (Should have specified that)

Archived