Corsair Community

Problem with Corsair M65 Pro RGB - Incompatible Firmware

Vishmister

Hello Forum,

I recently returned a broken M65 Pro RGB, and was sent a mouse back from Scan.co.uk. When I first got my M65 Pro, I had no problems using the Utility Engine (v 1.16.42) which was working fine with my existing K70 RGB and my VOID RGB. With this new unit, however, I get the error Incompatible Firmware in the devices section, with many instances of the same mouse showing in the Device section. I tried a new version of CUE and got the error -Malfunctioning.

Could someone please advise how I can get this mouse up and running? I have uninstalled mouse drivers, done a soft reset by unplugging/re-plugging and pressing mouse buttons, and reinstalled v1.16.42.

Thanks!

Hi Team,

For the first time today, when I booted my PC, I was prompted that the "firmware for M65 PRO RGB is out of date, update to 2.06" - a little pop-up from CUE. However, my mouse was inactive, so I could not click on the prompt. When I unplugged, and re-plugged my mouse, the mouse started working, but I was told that Corsair Utility Engine had crashed, and there was no further prompt to update my mouse.

Thanks.

• Corsair Employee

I'm thinking maybe the original firmware might have been corrupted somehow, and manually flashing the mouse might revive it. Try reaching out to our Technical Support staff and requesting instructions and files for a hard firmware reset. You'll just need to reply to your previous ticket, or submit a new one through the support portal:

https://support.corsair.com/

Archived