Corsair Community

Corsair Void battery life

tendo101

I've fixed my earlier issues with the void, I think, except now I'm wondering if I got a faulty battery or if I'm getting normal use time. Tonight was my first extended session with them and they worked great. They were at a full charge and after 4.5 hours they were at 33% and beeping. This was with RGB at 10 and 7.1 sound. Is that a normal length of time? I kept hearing these have "great" battery life, but I don't know if that is with RGB, or if that length of time is great.

That length on a charge is fine for me, but if there is a battery problem I would want to return it while still in my return window and get a new unit.

If I turn RGB to 1 what kind of battery life should I expect?

I've fixed my earlier issues with the void, I think, except now I'm wondering if I got a faulty battery or if I'm getting normal use time. Tonight was my first extended session with them and they worked great. They were at a full charge and after 4.5 hours they were at 33% and beeping. This was with RGB at 10 and 7.1 sound. Is that a normal length of time? I kept hearing these have "great" battery life, but I don't know if that is with RGB, or if that length of time is great.

That length on a charge is fine for me, but if there is a battery problem I would want to return it while still in my return window and get a new unit.

If I turn RGB to 1 what kind of battery life should I expect?

with the lights disabled and with ~50% volume (which is what i'm usually at) i'm getting 12-15 hours of battery life.. :)

Haven't tested with RGB lights since i see no point in having them on unless you're at a LAN party or something like that :)

with the lights disabled and with ~50% volume (which is what i'm usually at) i'm getting 12-15 hours of battery life.. :)

Haven't tested with RGB lights since i see no point in having them on unless you're at a LAN party or something like that :)

With lights on* it should last around 8-10 hours but the beeping at 33% is concerning...

With lights on* it should last around 8-10 hours but the beeping at 33% is concerning...

See Chris.. It seems i'm not the only one with beeping at about 30%..

I will say tho, that i've tried running the battery dry the past couple of days and yesterday it started at 18% not 30 :): .. so seems like it's helping after the battery gets charged and discharged a bit.

Seems like the software is programmed to beep at a certain mAh, and not a "%" if i'm honest with you.. :):

the problem with the mAh is it's not static. It's not the same when the battery is new, when it's a month old, and when it's a year.

Archived