Corsair Community

Void Wireless still turns off every 5-10 minutes...

Hoffax

The Void Wireless Gaming Headset still turns itself off every 5-10 minutes or so, even tho its fully charged.

So i was wondering if u're working on a soloution regarding this issue, i haven't seen anything as of yet on this forum that solves it...

This is really pissing me off.

Hoffax, without knowing which programs you're running while this is occurring, it's very difficult to identify determine what exactly is causing the issue.

If you're still having the issue now, please list whether or not you're listening to audio while this is happening, what program is producing audio when it shuts off, and any other information you think may be useful.

Bumping thread; Same issue. Programs I had running that also produced audio included GTA V, Dungeon Defenders 2, Discord, and Windows Media Player.

Battery charged. Firmware and CUE up to date. Am going to reinstall CUE tomorrow and test again. Any update for fixes yet?

Bumping thread; Same issue. Programs I had running that also produced audio included GTA V, Dungeon Defenders 2, Discord, and Windows Media Player.

Battery charged. Firmware and CUE up to date. Am going to reinstall CUE tomorrow and test again. Any update for fixes yet?

Please, follow the steps detailed here.

Let us know if that helps!

That's a big negative, Ali.

I've have tried:

Re-Pairing

Re-installing CUE.

None of this seems to be a blanket fix.

Here's what I've found out.

Programs running: GTA Online, Discord.

With all sounds being produced by the headset, it doesn't switch off.

Programs running: Dungeon Defenders II, Discord.

With all sounds being produced by the headset, it switches off.

Programs running: Dungeon Defenders II, Discord and Windows Media Player.

There are no specific settings in either DDII or GTA V to choose audio output device. There is such options in Discord, but they have no effect.

Firmware and CUE up to date. :sigh!:

That's a big negative, Ali.

I've have tried:

Re-Pairing

Re-installing CUE.

None of this seems to be a blanket fix.

Here's what I've found out.

Programs running: GTA Online, Discord.

With all sounds being produced by the headset, it doesn't switch off.

Programs running: Dungeon Defenders II, Discord.

Programs running: Dungeon Defenders II, Discord and Windows Media Player.

There are no specific settings in either DDII or GTA V to choose audio output device. There is such options in Discord, but they have no effect.

Firmware and CUE up to date. :sigh!:

Good day Phrag,

Is the Dolby Surround enabled on your headset within the CUE?

What audio settings do you have set within GTA V? Is it set to Surround?

And what about Dungeon Defenders 2?

Perhaps the reason it does not shut off in GTA V has to do with the way the game's audio is being addressed by the headset. I'm thinking that if Dungeon Defenders only runs in Stereo, for example, that it might be triggering the headset to shut off if the headset's Dolby setting is enabled. Almost as though the headset is waiting for Surround input exclusively...

Hi Ali,

Dungeon Defenders 2 is in Alpha at the moment, so the only audio options to choose from are sound levels.

GTA is set to surround. Dolby was off in CUE i believe.

I'll have to double check that to be sure. Anything else I should be on the lookout for?

Actually, I can try running GTA in Stereo and see if the headset shuts off.

I'll keep you posted.

Hi Ali,

Dungeon Defenders 2 is in Alpha at the moment, so the only audio options to choose from are sound levels.

GTA is set to surround. Dolby was off in CUE i believe.

I'll have to double check that to be sure. Anything else I should be on the lookout for?

Actually, I can try running GTA in Stereo and see if the headset shuts off.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks! We'd all appreciate it!

had the same problem with my vengance 2000,strange to see new brands having the same issues as the old...in my case is the battery,probably your too,even when full charged,it keep turning off itself or/and losing connection with the donngle

Next time don't buy wireless headset go for cable

I'm experiencing this as well, on two different headsets (Both VOID wireless).

It doesn't matter if I'm in a game, listening to music, watching YouTube, chatting on Discord - the headset turns off at 10 minutes on the dot.

Reinstalling the CUE software seemed to have solved the issue, for about a day. The next day, back to turning off all the time. Dolby is off, but I've turned it on, and the headset still turns off after 10 minutes.

So, I've tried using ONLY discord with Dolby on and off. Still turns off.

Strangely, Playing GTA V (with surround on) and Discord with Dolby on and Off also switched the headset off.

Rebooted, Re-paired; with GTA V and Discord and CUE process closed: All OK.

Bizarre. Testing more tomorrow afternoon.

So, it appears I can get the headset to operate normally (without turning off) by ending the CUE process on all the games and programs Ive tested.

Obviously, the downside is that Lighting effects etc won't be available. I also don't use a Corsair Keyboard or Mouse either.

If anyone is having issues and don't mind limited functionality of custom programs/lighting, then try exiting CUE in the notification area by right clicking and choosing exit or close.

Works OK for me so far.

Yep, works like this for me as well. So that is great!

The only problem is that the lightning effects turn back on when i close CUE. I have them turned off in CUE. But when i close CUE, headphones start pulsing rainbow colors. Although MIC led isn't on.

I really don't like that, plus it takes away precious battery time as well.

Bumping to say I am having the same issue. Running windows 10 and my headset will power itself off without being told to while it is still plugged in via usb and the computer is on. have exited out of cue and it stays on but now the lights are on and flashing. Started having issues with the headset after the last update which sadly puts my headset outside the return window with the store.

edit: I have had to reinstall cue and repair the headset due to the last update. which got the headset connecting wirelessly again but the powering off is now the issue.

Archived