Corsair Community

Crystal 570X RGB Lighting

IDK-TBH

Hi all,

Right so i want build a PC using the Crystal 570X RGB case. This is my first PC. (probably not the easiest case to start of with). I am using:

-Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor

-NZXT - Kraken X62 Rev 2 98.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

-Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

-G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory

-Samsung - 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive (boot drive)

-Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

-Zotac - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Mini Video Card

-EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

I want it for gaming (kind of obvious). If you have any advice or tips for building this pc than please let me know. But the main thing that i want to ask about is lighting in this case. So i know it comes withe 3xSp rgb fans and the fan rgb controller. At the top of the case it has buttons to control these fans. I am going to have a radiator at the top of the case. The radiator being the 240mm verson of this NZXT - Kraken X62 Rev 2 98.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler. My question is what fans can i use out of the whole RGB range from corsair that work with the fan hub (included in the case) and that will fit. So i need 3x fans. 2x for the radiator and 1x for the back of the case.

As well as that i wanted some LED strips. I've seen the node Pro and the commander pro. But the problem is i want to know if these are compatible with the case fan RGB hub. What i mean by this is that i want to use the buttons on top of the 570x case (and the link software if possible) to control both the fans and the led strips in conjunction.

Any help with this would be largely appreciated!!

Also sorry if i'm getting anything wrong i'm quite new at this.

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fans that come with the case are the SP-RGB fans. They are 3-pin, DC fans so probably won't be controllable from the NZXT cooler (don't know for sure ... they aren't controllable from the Corsair coolers). With a single RGB Fan Hub, you are limited to a single type of fan ... so unless you want to replace the SP-RGB fans with the case, you're limited to SP-RGB fans.

Now, if you want to go down the path of LED strips, the Corsair strips come with the Lighting Node Pro (NoPro). This can be connected to the RGB Fan Hub that comes with the case. You wouldn't use the buttons on the case for changing the color but you'd have a lot more control over them with Link. You can do 1 hub and 4 strips on a single NoPro. Or 2 hubs. Or 8 strips.

One thing worth considering ... if you are going down the Corsair RGB path, consider a Corsair cooler as well. CAM (NZXT's tool) and Link don't always play nice together and it'll be simpler to monitor and configure things from one app, rather than having to jump between two of them.

That said, there are still lots and lots of options. Check out the RGB FAQ in my sig for a lot more detail to help set the foundation.

Thanks!

So you said that the corsair fan hub that comes with the case (sp fans) is compatible with the node pro right? My question is from the link software will i be able to control the fans (sp included withe the case) and led strips simultaneously to do cool effects and stuff?

Also do you know what cpu Cooler you would recommend by corsair that is link compatible and would fit in the top of the case with two sp fans. Can you explain how the SP fan controller work together withe the node pro. How do they connect?

Also if you have any other general pc building tips then please let me know.

Thanks again!

to add.. or indeed ask.. have you purchased the parts list yet?.. if not as said by DevB it's prob worth reconsidering a few items first.. .. Ram and Cooler mainly.. both these will make you run other software that may not gel so well with LINK.. if you have not purchased yet then I advise further research. take a look at the Corsair H150i Pro or indeed the H115i Pro. and go investigate the Vengeance RGB Ram.. would combine a lot of your build components control all into one place if you could stay in one family? ;)

Can you explain how the SP fan controller work together withe the node pro. How do they connect?

Also if you have any other general pc building tips then please let me know.

Thanks again!

For Corsair RGB general help and tips go here buddy Click ME for Help... but dont reply there,,, come back here with further question's ;)

I have not purchased any parts yet and i will look in to anything recommended. Thanks for the help!

Well.. as you are going for the 570x (I also have this case).. I recommend you look at the H150i Pro RGB.. 360mm Radiator.... RGB pump head.. LINK controlled.. Fits in the front of the 570x because it should lol.. made for the job. you could have its stock fans on the back and some nice RGB fans on the front... you may feel you will be happy with the SP fans supplied.. but trust me that will soon change lol.. very addictive is the rgb life lol.. If you click the Corsair Sails at the top of this page it will take you to corsairs products pages ;)... and make sure you visit that link i posted (its also in my Signature below), will help you get your head around the set up of such toys :)

Zotty could you include a part list and how you connected all the rgb together?

In the Faq thread, the very last diagram is my set up buddy..

2x triple packs of LL120 fans

1x Triple Pack of HD120 fans

1x Lighting Node Pro

3x Pro Expansion kits (strips)

1x Commander Pro

vtXsf4Sh.png

That drawing shows the H150i pro... I have yet to get it.. Saving as we speak!.. so currently I have the H100i V2 in.. and the 3rd HD fan that will go on the back of the H150i is currently sitting on top of the PSU shroud lol...

Zotty is there a way for the sp fan hub to interact with link and the node led's without the commander pro? What i mean by this is i will have one of corsairs 240mm coolers on the top with some more sp fans. Then i would have another sp fan on the back. In conjunction with the fans i want the node pro Led's as well. But will the fans,led strips,cooler(in the top) and the link software interact together without the commander pro?

Hey Zotty. Can you connect the this: commander pro---> Node pro on led chan 1--->1x fan hubs. Then another led fan hub on led chan 2

What i mean is can you connect two fan hubs into the node pro?

Yes, both the NoPro and the CoPro can be connected to 2 fan hubs.

I know its a big ask. But could you draw me up a simple wiring diagram with all the components that i have shown. That would be amazing! as i am not sure what you mean. It would need to have:

-The corsair cooler

-6x SP120 RGB fans

-2x LED strips

-Power supply

All connected to link.

Some comments:

- You didn't specify what fans you are using for the cooler. I'm assuming stock?

- You don't connect the Lighting Node Pro (NoPro) to the LED controller on the Commander Pro (CoPro). The LED ports on the CoPro function as a NoPro (it's actually the same hardware).

- You only need 1 additional NoPro. This will need a USB connection.

- You'll need a total of 3 SATA connections.

- You'll have 1 open LED controller connection for more RGB!

- You could connect the 8 strips to the CoPro and the fans to the NoPro ... or 4 strips and the fans to the NoPro and 4 strips to the CoPro ... you get the picture.

y4mUHdvye-7pn2Tf1Y1g81lI1eikwiDy3ePvOUTWirRTzUgk0K-mc7IvGws71pHPcndehOKMwQj2zKiRdx5-nRLUlzV3pxR-eAD0QdyT5x3MFX56T_Ay9uzuc8cizOTXVBZtDZXXmXHLQtJmODCSSFOlbYB0IB9GYtmY4PLeWiZwmeP9He3mLQVHS8wkChgfT8_3-RDLxf-Hjq0Uemb11fNVA?width=839&height=620&cropmode=none

Thats looks good. The problem i have is that one on the fan port's is used for the sail and psu logo onn the 570x mirror edition. Thank you so much for spending your time making a diagram for me and if you are willing to do it again here is the spec diagram i need made:

-Corsair h-whatever cooler (Replace stock fans with the SP120 RGB

-6x sp120 fans plugged in somewhere

-the psu

-2-3 led strips

Because i need an extra fan it looks like im going to need to fan hubs(for rgb control).

Archived