Corsair Community

Common issue?

TheKGBspy

Hi,

I have recently setup my commander pro with 3 120mm LL fans. I have been using Corsair Links 4 to manage it. I could set my fan speed config, and lightning effect on my commander pro and then closing Corsair Links application would still make everything work correctly.. even during a boot where the application is not yet loaded, all my setting would already be working fine.

Lately I got a popup telling to install ICue for a better usage of those device. I just did the Installation. Then told me to update the firmware of my commander pro... Played around and put back my fans speed config again, and finally I choose back a new lightning effect (standard rainbow with 25% brightness).

The issue is when I close the ICue application, because I dont like running apps around, the Fans lightning configuration doesnt seems to stay. I tried with any color, any effect, it always seems to load back to a different Rainbow effect with an highter brightness. But the fans speed config seem to stay even when I'm closing the iCue application.

Is this known? I'm I doing something wrong? Does this is intended to not keep the lightning effect upon closing the iCue application but the fan speed yes?

Thanks

Hi,

I have recently setup my commander pro with 3 120mm LL fans. I have been using Corsair Links 4 to manage it. I could set my fan speed config, and lightning effect on my commander pro and then closing Corsair Links application would still make everything work correctly.. even during a boot where the application is not yet loaded, all my setting would already be working fine.

Lately I got a popup telling to install ICue for a better usage of those device. I just did the Installation. Then told me to update the firmware of my commander pro... Played around and put back my fans speed config again, and finally I choose back a new lightning effect (standard rainbow with 25% brightness).

The issue is when I close the ICue application, because I dont like running apps around, the Fans lightning configuration doesnt seems to stay. I tried with any color, any effect, it always seems to load back to a different Rainbow effect with an highter brightness. But the fans speed config seem to stay even when I'm closing the iCue application.

Is this known? I'm I doing something wrong? Does this is intended to not keep the lightning effect upon closing the iCue application but the fan speed yes?

Thanks

Hi Buddy...

unfortunately as things stand. without iCUE running your devices will return to a 'Demo' mode. as already stated this have been talked about a lot and a Hardware Playback feature may (or may not) be available to us soon.. we can only hope.... iCUE is still its is infancy.. LOTS more to come.... hang in there dude :)

Thanks you for the replies.

On a side thought, Its pretty weird the feature was functional with Link application.. The only thing I can think of why it is not working with iCue is the setting generated and saved to the commander's chip/rom take more room and they prioritize the fan speed setting to be saved, hence why the config isnt properly saved. I could be wrong, but I feel this is the most logical answer.

Did the dev gave more information on the issue?

Archived