Corsair Community

Upgrade to Z77 for TRIM or stick with Z68 F3s ITGC?

Hi unknownmember

I don't now why you want to upgrade to z68 your banchmarck is very good you won't get more from Z77 chipset

If you wan't to change system just to get trim support It at lest 500$

Just do a Image ove windows 7 on a HHD and wend you tink performance go down just restor system from image after doing a secure erese ove ssd.

That wath i do, but i don't feel the nead to do it more then 1 a year.

Windows 7 have is image restoring system it worck very well , except if you have ditdefender or program that will use to mutch space on partition reserve to system partition. If u all redy intall ditdefender u could use norton ghost but it not free

Restor windows 7 and all game, about 140gb in 20 min.

Hope this help

Sincerly yours

...Image ove windows 7 on a HHD and wend you tink performance go down just restor system from image after doing a secure erese ove ssd....

Yea I'll just do that actually, coz come to think of it with how I use my PC I barely write that many new data or at all, just reads really.

Thanks

RAID 0 does not support trim. You can upgrade all you want but until Intel comes out with new drivers there is no trim support in RAID.

TRIM now supports RAID0 with 11.2 but is only supported on the 7-series chipset which is a real bummer coz the Z68 and Z77 is essentially the same just that 77 has native USB3.0 support and upgraded to PCIE3.0....dam you Intel!!:mad:!!

Thanks

• Corsair Employee

Garbage collection that is built into all of our current SSD's should help to maintain performance on average use but occasionally it may be required to restore the drive performance by doing a secure erase.

However I have three SSD's in RAID running for more than a year and the performance it still within 10% of what it was when Initially installed the O.S.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee

I am sorry but we cannot allow this type of post as it would Violate the forum rules, as it would VOID the users warranty.

In addition to any one trying this it may VOID you MB warranty so I would suggest speaking with the MB vendor prior to doing the BIOS Hack and maybe purchase a spare BIOS Chip assuming it is modular.

• 3 months later...

Old post but if you want trim to work on z68 raid it has been done and confirmed working by AnandTech article see

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6477/trim-raid0-ssd-arrays-work-with-intel-6series-motherboards-too

and my post at

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?27547-Get-Trim-working-With-Raid-on-Z68-Chipset-Maximus-IV-Extreme-Z&country=&status=

As the topic says really. Currently running two F3s in RAID0 with 57.2 free and from the attached benchmark, would you say that ITGC has been doing a good job?

Thanks

Archived