Corsair Community

Help me learn to build a new PC

I would like to learn to build my own gaming PC. My knowledge is very limited but I'm learning every day. I don't really have a price in mind right now as I just don't know. I've been given the green light by my family and Christmas is around the corner :big grin: So help me out here. Give me some ideas for a nice system and any advise on building it. Once I decide on the components I will list them here. I like playing WoW, BF4, call of duty and SC. Looking for a new game to test the limits down the road but don't know what it would be yet.

Case:

Power Supply:

Mother Board:

Processor(s):

Ram:

Graphic card(s):

HDD:

Cooling:

Anything else?

For the Case Im thinking of http://www.corsair.com/en-us/vengeance-c70-mid-tower-gaming-case-gunmetal-black . With a http://www.corsair.com/en-us/900d-left-windowed-side-panel Is this a good flexible case that should offer lots of options as I move toward more specific components? I want the cooling system (whatever that may end up being) to be as quiet as possible. Again Im looking for information so I can learn how to do this not in a hurry to build a system. Thanks all.

hi

You really need to have a price range because it can vary greatly

one example is graphic cards can range from $75 on past 9-1k

post a limit with your interests and Id be glad to build you one...

Thanks for the offer. I have some knowledge about the components but really want to do this myself so I can learn. Prices will eventually have a huge factor but right now it doesn't because I have no immediate plans of putting this all together until I know all the options and capabilities. Please feel free to teach me a bit though as this progresses.

I think your first concern would be your GPU card length,then get a case that has good fitment for the GPU

after that decide on cooling parts,then the rest will fall into place...

Ok, I will figure that out first. GPU card length first. I'm currently running two 590gtx in sli are the new cards similar in setup and cooling demands?

Thanks for the offer. I have some knowledge about the components but really want to do this myself so I can learn. Prices will eventually have a huge factor but right now it doesn't because I have no immediate plans of putting this all together until I know all the options and capabilities. Please feel free to teach me a bit though as this progresses.

post a list of your concerns,,Ill be glad to answer

As others have said you need to:

a) Work out roughly how much you will be able to spend.

b) What your requirements are (Eg. do you intend to overclock?)

c) Make a list like the one you posted but covering everything, For example:

Case:

Power Supply:

Mother Board:

Processor(s):

RAM:

Graphic card(s):

HDD:

SSD:

Cooling:

Optical drive:

Keyboard:

Mouse:

Monitor:

d) Allocate an approximate amount of your funds to each category depending on it's importance, for example many people use the order: CPU, GPU, Motherboard, Memory, storage, power supply, monitor, case, etc...

e) Post what you come up with and see what people think.

The most important thing to start with though is to work out how much you have to spend (even if it's only an approximation)...

As others have said you need to:

a) Work out roughly how much you will be able to spend.

b) What your requirements are (Eg. do you intend to overclock?)

c) Make a list like the one you posted but covering everything, For example:

Case:

Power Supply:

Mother Board:

Processor(s):

RAM:

Graphic card(s):

HDD:

SSD:

Cooling:

Optical drive:

Keyboard:

Mouse:

Monitor:

d) Allocate an approximate amount of your funds to each category depending on it's importance, for example many people use the order: CPU, GPU, Motherboard, Memory, storage, power supply, monitor, case, etc...

e) Post what you come up with and see what people think.

The most important thing to start with though is to work out how much you have to spend (even if it's only an approximation)...

Thanks, will write that list down to use as a guide.

Archived