Corsair Community

Won't Turn OFF!

Karn

I have updated my K70 RBG to the latest CUE and now it will not turn off the lights when I shut down the computer. Defaults to the red/white out of the box lighting when you shut down the system. The old software shut it down but not anymore.

There is no EuP setting I can set in my bios and I am stuck manually turning lights off.

Why must corsair fix a few problems and make new ones every time I update?:mad:

Another thing I un-check windows key to be activated upon my profile load and it WILL not automatically turn on like it is suppose to.

Using USB 3 I've tried all ports and same thing happens.

This turning the lights off issue just started with the newest version, does anyone have a link to the old CUE? 1.1.57 or whatever so I can just re-install that ?

• Corsair Employee

This isn't due to CUE - this is due to USB enumeration on the motherboard regarding power state issues. We are going to implement workarounds for boards that don't follow proper USB specifications.

To better assist you, fill out your hardware specs and I can look into confirming if your board supports the ErP workaround.

Updated System Specs,

I understand that you say it's a USB power state issue, but it WAS working with the last version of software and now since this new update it turns my keyboard RED and doesn't shut off and sometimes cycles rainbow effects like a malfunction. That tells me something changed within the CUE that has messed with USB power states. I have no clue WTF this new update has done except cause major issues :(

So why was it working and now it doesn't ?

To add insult to injury you guys take down the older version of the CUE so I can't even roll back.

I received my K70 RGB yesterday and noticed the same issue when putting the computer to sleep as I always do at the end of the day. I'm using CUE 1.1.57 so that's odd if you say that it worked for you on that version...I must have missed the 1.2.74 version with a few hours.

Will start testing the BIOS workarounds and see if that helps...my MB is a Asus P8Z77-V Pro with BIOS 2003 (which is the second latest BIOS version).

I'm hoping this will get resolved soon as it worked like a charm on my previous K70 (non-RGB).

Ok, some testing done...

First of all, I updated BIOS to the latest version just to be sure. Then I enabled ErP, but there is no Sx settings I can do in BIOS it seem...

Still the same issue when going to sleep (was the ErP workaround supposed to work for sleep also? Or only power off?) The keyboard stays lit when powering off too, so...:/

Not only that, but the whole behavior is quite erratic when powering off/sleeping/restarting. Sometimes it keeps the current profile, sometimes it goes to the default red light with white on WASD and arrows. It also did shut of the backlight once when I rebooted, but the whole keyboard stopped responding at all when Windows was up and running again, whut?!

I looked in the device manager trying to find the keyboard, but didn't find any obvious device...is it the "Corsair composite virtual input device"?? Because if it is, when going into properties and then the energy savings tab, the check box for allowing the device to leave sleep is greyed out... Could this be related to why I cannot wake the computer from sleep with the keyboard?

• Corsair Employee
Ok I got it to turn off, I enabled ErP within the bios and it takes a min but it turns off.

It does however default to the built in red/white color upon shut down and start up.

At least it's working.

It will default to whatever profile is saved to the keyboard (for background lighting). You can re-save a new profile with 1.2.74 since we re-enabled the feature. Otherwise the default is the red/white.

• Corsair Employee
Ok, some testing done...

First of all, I updated BIOS to the latest version just to be sure. Then I enabled ErP, but there is no Sx settings I can do in BIOS it seem...

Still the same issue when going to sleep (was the ErP workaround supposed to work for sleep also? Or only power off?) The keyboard stays lit when powering off too, so...:/

Not only that, but the whole behavior is quite erratic when powering off/sleeping/restarting. Sometimes it keeps the current profile, sometimes it goes to the default red light with white on WASD and arrows. It also did shut of the backlight once when I rebooted, but the whole keyboard stopped responding at all when Windows was up and running again, whut?!

I looked in the device manager trying to find the keyboard, but didn't find any obvious device...is it the "Corsair composite virtual input device"?? Because if it is, when going into properties and then the energy savings tab, the check box for allowing the device to leave sleep is greyed out... Could this be related to why I cannot wake the computer from sleep with the keyboard?

ErP should work for both shutdown and sleep. How long did you observe the keyboard before it shut off? It seems Karn had to wait about a minute - did you try that?

It will default to whatever profile is saved to the keyboard (for background lighting). You can re-save a new profile with 1.2.74 since we re-enabled the feature. Otherwise the default is the red/white.

Awesome TYVM it's working perfect now :)

I've made sure all the settings in my bios are correct, but I still cannot get the keyboard to turn off on shutdown.

I updated to the newest CUE today, and that's when the problem started. Does anyone have a download link for the old cue? I'd rather deal with the light crashing/freezing upon startup than the lights never turning off.

I love Corsair products, but I'm getting closer and closer to returning this keyboard.

ErP should work for both shutdown and sleep. How long did you observe the keyboard before it shut off? It seems Karn had to wait about a minute - did you try that?

I don't think I did wait for that long...Will try it out. But I assume that I won't be able to wake the computer from sleep with the keyboard.

Oh, and another thing...If I shutdown/sleep the computer, I can turn the backlights off on the keyboard by pressing the backlight button...but ONLY if I don't press any other key before...if I do, the backlight button stops working.

Hi all,

After updating to this latest version my K70 rgb won't go out anymore after

shutting down my pc. Instead it switches to a non moving Rainbow appearance (all led stay on, computer is off).

What to do, i tried everything from uninstalling to reinstalling (even the version i had running (1.2.65 ?) that verion doesn't start up anymore after installation ? I unplugged the keyboard to shut down the leds...

Just one word: Help :sigh!:

I have the same issue after the update so it has something to do with CUE.

Before the update the keyboard would turn off and then would not light up on boot. Now it won't turn off which means that on boot it's turned on. What's weird - when I unplug and plug it back it starts the demo profile.

On other hand I was wondering if it would be possible to store more than background light - the demo profile shows that it is possible to have lighting effects coded to keyboard (unless it's hardcoded or sth).

I have discovered a workaround. Go to HwProfile 1 and chose save profile to device memory. It should now completely poweroff during shutdown and sleep. Though the number pad light stays on during sleep. This works even with erp set off.

Found a workaround like seph13 for my system, so thought I'd share a bit more detail. My PC is in my bedroom, so I can't fall asleep with a rainbow lighting up the room.

1. In CUE under Settings>Program turn on "Automatically create application profiles stored on device."

2. Manually close, then restart CUE and change the HwProfile 1 to have all lights dark/off. Then save it to device memory.

3. Change the CUE executable file CorsairHID.exe properties>compatibility (default location for me was "C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine") to run as administrator.

4. Turn off ErP in bios.

Basically it would go into the HwProfile 1 all dark setting during shutdown and stay in that setting till CUE was launched again. The run as admin change seemed to fix my issue of CUE not detecting the keyboard properly on restart. Hope this helps someone :) .

I solved the problem by enabling ErP/EuP in BIOS/UEFI.

But, the setting is well hidden on ASRock boards.

It is in Advanced -> South Bridge Configuration -> Deep Sleep.

To enable ErP set it from "Disabled" to "Enabled in S4-S5" or "Enabled in S5".

Still, Corsair should fix it in the firmware. Other USB HID devices turn off correctly also...

• Corsair Employee
I solved the problem by enabling ErP/EuP in BIOS/UEFI.

But, the setting is well hidden on ASRock boards.

It is in Advanced -> South Bridge Configuration -> Deep Sleep.

To enable ErP set it from "Disabled" to "Enabled in S4-S5" or "Enabled in S5".

Still, Corsair should fix it in the firmware. Other USB HID devices turn off correctly also...

This is the temporary solution that works almost all the time.

We will resolve it in the next firmware update to implement a more permanent workaround to the USB enumeration issues.

Its a new product, I can't think of any technology that I've bought that I didn't have to update or patch at some point. The potential this keyboard has is worth the wait. There are some bugs, not that big of a deal. Software and technology companies are always releasing patches and fixes for their products. The fact that I can make a color profile for each game and (most) software that I use with its own individual macros is awesome for me.

All companies are doing banana-poducts nowadays.

Logitech released their G910 but it is not possible to create different profiles with different lit keys with the SW as is.

Compared to Logitech`communication on that issue (so far no reaction at all, although they must be aware of at least for 9 days - I posted in their forum and created a ticket) Corsair`s communication is a dream - what is saying that about Logitech?

At least the G910 turns off when computer is shut down and no other issues so far ;)

Archived