Corsair Community

Corsair Gaming K70 RGB

tb75252

Would somebody know if the LED brightness control button works independently from the Vortez software? (Which I imagine is available only for Microsoft Windows!)

In other words, if I run Linux, would I be able to do a basic control of the brightness of the keyboard with just the LED brightness control button?

The button offers 3 levels of brightness as well as off. That said, I've decoded the USB protocol used by Corsair's software on Windows and wrote a program that can set the LEDs on Linux (requires root, or at least your user account needs USB access). I just finished decoding the LED positions. It's not anywhere near end-user ready but if you know your way around C code and just want to set a static pattern you can definitely use it.

The latest code (steps through all the LEDs in sequence while printing out their ID number):

http://pastebin.com/x1RetGkU

Compile with -std=c99 and -lusb flags. It should hopefully be easy to understand, LED values are 0x07 down to 0x00 (inverted, so 0x07 is off and 0x00 is full bright).

How do you unlock the "brightness" control in: ...Corsair Utility Engine/predefined_data/PredefinedLightings/Brightness...?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<Lighting version="1" Type="KeyboardIndicator">

<Id>{3777801e-5b75-409d-9a82-fe2092a7299c}</Id>

<Name>Brightness</Name>

<Note></Note>

<Duration>-842150451</Duration>

<Date>2014-09-04</Date>

<IsHidden>true</IsHidden>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <IsPredefined>false</IsPredefined>

<Brightness>10</Brightness>

<stageLightings>

<lighting version="1">

<color>#555555</color>

<brightness>100</brightness>

</lighting>

<lighting version="1">

<color>#aaaaaa</color>

</lighting>

<lighting version="1">

<color>#ffffff</color>

</lighting>

</stageLightings>

<behaviour version="1" type="3"/>

</Lighting>

How do you unlock the "brightness" control in: ...Corsair Utility Engine/predefined_data/PredefinedLightings/Brightness...?

Profiles>Lightning>right click any key>indicator

This will allow you to change the different lightning depending on the brightness/winlock/mr keys.

If you right click on the corresponding keys like brightness, you can also change how they behave.

Say whhuuuuttt ???

The "brightness" control profile you're looking at is for the brightness key on the keyboard http://puu.sh/c5d6w/02bead3a15.jpg

I just explained how you could change the colors for it using the software.

To be more precise the profile you're looking at is just a template, the real file would be located in "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Corsair\HID\Lightings" (presumingly after you've already changed it in the software) so this would be the place to change it if you want to do it through text editing.

Don't care about the "colors". The question as posted is about "brightness". You see the "brightness" value...100? Make that 101, etc. Or the "10" ...11. Or any other values to another value.

That is just the brightness of the color listed, not the brightness of the keyboard.

http://puu.sh/c5el3/99a25a95e8.jpg

The bottom brightness slider is available everywhere in the software.

The button offers 3 levels of brightness as well as off. That said, I've decoded the USB protocol used by Corsair's software on Windows and wrote a program that can set the LEDs on Linux (requires root, or at least your user account needs USB access). I just finished decoding the LED positions. It's not anywhere near end-user ready but if you know your way around C code and just want to set a static pattern you can definitely use it.

The latest code (steps through all the LEDs in sequence while printing out their ID number):

http://pastebin.com/x1RetGkU

Compile with -std=c99 and -lusb flags. It should hopefully be easy to understand, LED values are 0x07 down to 0x00 (inverted, so 0x07 is off and 0x00 is full bright).

Thank you for your hard work and for supporting Linux. Corsair should take a cue from you!

Archived