Corsair Community

460X RGB Case - Additional Fans & iCUE Software

tennengr

I plan to purchase a 460X RGB case which comes with 3 SP120 RGB fans, an SP Lighting Controller and a Fan Hub for 6 fans. I want to purchase an MSI B450 Tomahawk MOBO which has 4 - 4 pin fan connectors.

I want to have 3 additional SP120 RGB fans (1 rear, 2 top exhausting) and use the iCUE software with all 6 SP120 fans and my other Corsair RGB items (keyboard, mouse, mousepad) for synchronized lighting and choosing any color I want. Do I need a Lighting Node Pro OR a Commander Pro? Can I control both fan speed and RGB lighting effects with the chosen MOBO? Do the case lighting buttons still work?

To synchronize the fans with everything else, you will need at least a Lighting Node Pro. The Commander Pro will also allow you to control fan speed, gives you two additional USB ports and has 4 thermistors for temperature monitoring.

However, the case buttons will no longer work if using a NoPro or CoPro. All control will be via iCUE.

Make sure you check out the RGB FAQ at http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880.

Only for fan speed control. The SP-RGB fans are 3 pin but they'll work on 4-pin headers in most cases. If you don't go with a Commander Pro, you'll need to get some splitters to use with the motherboard headers.

But this is no different than any other fan.

Archived