Corsair Community

Computer won't boot and fans only spin for a second

danieljl

I purchased a HX850W a couple weeks ago for my new build, and up until now it's been going great. My computer crashed earlier and will not boot.

I'm pretty certain the PSU is the problem, as when i try to start the computer the fan on the PSU (and the fans in the computer also) run for no more than a second and then stop. I've tried the PSU in another computer, and also tried the functionality test stickied on this forum, each yielding the same results. Although the fans won't run, the lights on my motherboard go on, but that's it.

Is there a solution for this or is an RMA the only option?

Thanks.

Jaytmoon, I requested an RMA and got a response for it really fast actually (RMA approved almost immediately and an RMA # assigned within half an hour)

I haven't bothered sending it yet however (since, being in Australia, i have to send it overseas), I tested it again an hour ago and it was running the fans, so i tried it in my computer, but it was cutting out before i could log in on windows. Tried testing out of the computer again and having the same old problem.

It's really bugging me since it seems like it's something minor causing it to malfunction, so I think I'll buy a new replacement and RMA this one and keep it as a spare when i eventually get it back.

Archived