Corsair Community

Discuss Link v4.8.2.1 here

Technobeard

• Administrators

This will be the official discussion thread for Link v4.8.2.1.

If you'd like to report a bug, please respond to this thread in this format:

1. Version of your Link software. NOTE: If you're not using v4.8.2.1, please install it and see if the bug has been fixed.
  2. What version of Windows you're using.
  3. Summary - One line / sentence explaining the issue
  4. Detailed description of the issue - This part can be as long as you want. It should be detailed enough so that we can clearly identify the issue and attempt to replicate it.
  5. Attach photos of the issue to the post that help #4.

08/23/2017 - Corsair Link Software Update Version v4.8.2.1

Changelog:

• Added support for Intel X299 platform.
  • Fixed intermittent issue where CL would only identify 3 out of 4 DIMMs.
  • Compatibility update for future firmware updates of Lighting Node PRO and Commander PRO.

Using the CLCP + 0.2.136 firmware then I can't seem to control the port brightness when I only have 1 x HD RGB LED fan connected, but this seems to work fine on my CLNP with the 0.3.72 firmware.

The CLCPs worked as expected before I updated the firmware from 0.1.131 to 0.2.136 so I am sure there is a regression in the CLCP firmware.

Basically when I set 0% + 33% + 66% + 100% the brightness is as expected, but when I set 1% the LEDs are the same brightness as 100% with the CLCP, but the CLNP works as expected.

The CLNP V0.4.94 firmware also has this issue . I addressed for SIV 5.23 Beta-01 and later.

I reported these in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=912119 and as yet have not received any feedback :(:.

1. v4.8.2.1

2. Windows Pro 10 x64 15063.540

3. No DIMM Temps. Cores reported incorrectly.

4. Finally shows my Motherboard and Temps.

Still starts at Core #2 what about Core #0 and Core #1.

Now shows and allows control of RGB DIMM’s.

CL4 does not show DIMM temperature.

SIV does show temps.

5. Photos of CL4 and SIV attached.

1970094080_CL4.8.2.1Faults.thumb.PNG.0b6a64fe9b1f47f4c819e4a866b1cd4c.PNG

2042212060_SIVDIMMStaus.thumb.PNG.7643bbbe9bf74f517765246b2bed74df.PNG

If Windows Device Manager reports an error code 52 for your Asetek cooler or AXi PSU I recommend using the correctly signed Corsair drivers I attached to:

1. http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=856104 (Asetek coolers).
  2. http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=888388 (AXi PSUs).

1. I feel corsairsiusbxp.inf setting all the device names to "Corsair USBXp Driver" makes it harder to help members, especially when they have both an Asetek cooler and AXi PSU.
  2. They are Devices and not Drivers so calling them "Corsair USBXp Driver" is incorrect.
  3. I expect corsairsiusbxp.inf should be fixed so an AX1500i is reported by Device Manager as a "Corsair AX1500i PSU", a H80iGT as a "Corsair HydroSeries H80iGT", etc..
  4. I feel Corsair should have tested the driver on Windows 10 systems with secure boot enabled before it was released.
  5. The corsairsiusbxp.cat file is not counter signed by Microsoft and I suspect this is the root cause of all the code 52 issues on Windows 10 systems with secure boot enabled.
  6. I expect 10 minutes should be more than long enough to counter sign.
    What Corsair shipped attachment.php?attachmentid=30800&stc=1&d=1503646979 As it should be attachment.php?attachmentid=30816&stc=1&d=1503740166

1281417379_10minutesshouldbemorethanlongenough.png.088daa4f14b4e04f08b2f9263108c8bc.png

I just upgraded Windows 10 to the latest v1703 and I also upgraded my Graphics Card from a AMD RX 480 to Nvidia GTX 1080. I rebooted and now Corsair Link v4.8 no longer displays my GPU, Motherboard, HDD and CPU, only H115i is displayed. I uninstalled v4.8, cleaned registry reinstalled and same thing. I then went down the line of versions of Corsair Link installs, finally installed v4.6 and now I get only GPU and H115i displayed. Just out of curiosity I check to see if CPU-Z can read the motherboard, sure enough all info is there. So whats up?

I am using v4.8.2.1 of the Link Software, now uninstalled

I am using the latest version of windows.

When i install Link everything seems fine for a while, and i can set my custom fancurve for my waterbased corsair cpu coolingsystem.

My problem is whith this version and the previous version is that after a while (anywhere from a couple of minutes to a couple of hours) suddainly my screens go black, the mouse looses its feed and music stops.

So far the only solution i have found is to uninstall corsair link, after doing this computer runs as normally.

Where to go from here i dont know

1. CL4 fails to report my motherboard + CPUs + GPUs + Disk + Memory Timing + DIMM Temperatures + DIMM Colours.
  2. Fortunately for me I don't use CL4 and my software does rather better so I can control my DIMM colours.
  3. The screen shot should provide all the information needed to to address these issues.
  4. SIV32X also works OK, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=917670.
  5. I managed to figure out the issue is that M$ seem to have broken CreateServiceA(), but as CreateServiceW() still works the CPUID SDK could be updated to use this so CL4 could then work.
  6. I expect the change would take < 30 minutes, so suggest Corsair get an update CPUID SDK and offer it as a download.
  7. SIV32L is also unable to use it's driver, but as you can see below still reported the Disk and GPU information so CL4 should also do this. I suspect it's down to a CPUID SDK bug that should be fixed.
  8. It just occurred to me if you start CPUZ x64 then start CL4 this may well work around the issue as CPUZ x64 should create and start the CPUZ143 service :idea:.

attachment.php?attachmentid=30823&stc=1&d=1503763469

attachment.php?attachmentid=30835&stc=1&d=1503833853

115150249_SIVtotheRescue.thumb.png.3ecee0ef154673d27fd5b444e61a8f32.png

RCK.thumb.png.6d07a38aa3b269984429193655145070.png

1. v 4.8.2.1

2. Windows Pro 10 x64 15063.540

3. New version is still not properly reporting the actual wattage that power supply is putting out or taking in from the outlet. Looks like link is ignoring the 12v rail power draw as shown in the screen.

3b. Yesterday after installing the new version I had the power supply on single rail. This morning after first boot up Link was showing it in multi rail. Mysterious toggle ? The AX1500i is less then a month old as Amazon and the corsair store were sold out at the time.

4. Ive shown Corsair lots of love in buying your products (H115I, AX1500I, case 780T, Commander Pro, 2 HD 120 rgb fans and 4 HD 140 rgb fans with LED hub]

5. Hopefully Corsair can return some of that love by making sure the software and firmware properly supports and reports installed products.

6. BTW Red if you read this- When SIV reports power isn't it suppose to add up the outs of the rails for 3.3v , 5.0v and 12v to give total power usage? Cause if Im reading SIV correctly it looks like the total out reported is mostly the wattage of the 12v rail.

6. BTW

1426853454_CL4.8.2.1(HomeScreen).thumb.png.7410f0c75ffd7a16ff3dee760f9e5b34.png

1199512153_CL4.8.2.1(AX1500IScreen).thumb.png.87a6fe72275d5b534076d45c63c4f8cc.png

39043468_SIV(LinkPower).thumb.png.35d5e5cee173cce6399b09d00a60cd21.png

With the latest update, I went from being able to monitor my motherboard, video card, memory, power supply, and AOI cooler, to just the AOI and power supply. I have tried everything from clean installs, uninstall and cleaning the registry of all corsair entries, rebooting then reinstalling, ect.

Anyone have a suggestion on how to regain monitoring of all my hardware again, or should I just revert back to the previous version, that worked fine for me?

With the latest update, I went from being able to monitor my motherboard, video card, memory, power supply, and AOI cooler, to just the AOI and power supply. I have tried everything from clean installs, uninstall and cleaning the registry of all corsair entries, rebooting then reinstalling, ect.

Anyone have a suggestion on how to regain monitoring of all my hardware again, or should I just revert back to the previous version, that worked fine for me?

Personally I would recommend going back to the last version that was working for you as long as youre not missing any new functionality that they added in the newest version. I hope that corsair is not juggling so many products that they can fix whats on the plate right now. With luck they will work out all the bugs from their current product offering.

4.8.2.1 (and also 4.8.0.82) causes Corsair Cue to no longer recognize my K95 RGB keyboard.

One out of maybe 10 restarts causes it to sync up. I remember upgrading to 4.8.0.82 when it got released, had this issue, reverted to 4.7.0.77 and my K95 was recognized again. Tried again with 4.8.2.1 when that got released, and it still isn't recognized. I'm sticking with 4.7.0.77 until this is resolved. I am on w10/have been on w10 for all these versions. I'm not sure how Link is conflicting with Cue, but it is.

I read another thread with users experiencing the same issues I have: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169777

• Corsair Employee

I'm noticing that almost everyone having issues with this version of Link (and with 4.8.0.82) are on ASUS boards. Are you also running any ASUS software? If so, what are you running?

As for the CUE/LINK conflict, that's something we're aware of and a fix is in place for a future version.

I'm noticing that almost everyone having issues with this version of Link (and with 4.8.0.82) are on ASUS boards. Are you also running any ASUS software? If so, what are you running?

As for the CUE/LINK conflict, that's something we're aware of and a fix is in place for a future version.

I am not running Asus Suite 3, don't even have it installed. I have Aura installed for my motherboard lighting and 1080TI Strix lighting.

The 4.8 versions of Link are a disaster. With it installed and CUE I was getting Time Measurement Data not Available messages every time running 3dMark and my otherwise perfectly running system (without Corsair Link 4.8) wasn't even shutting down properly with 4.8 and CUE installed. II can reproduce the problems every time simply by installing 4.8 Link versions along with CUE.

Corsair can't even get their own software (Link+CUE) to work together without system issues. I and at least a dozen others I know (yes mainly Asus MB owners) have had duplicate fan reporting in every version of Corsair Link since 4.5.0.55. People report it - Corsair ignores it. I even have a Corsair case for pete's sake, and Link reports the three Corsair case fans (and CPU fan) twice.

Corsair software is a disaster and we are now at a point where Corsair software (Link) conflicts with Corsair's other software (CUE). I hope the new management at Corsair reads these forums. Check all the Corsair hardware in my system specs. Question to new management - was that a mistake?

I had to uninstall Corsair Link. I have an X79 system with a 4930K running on a Asus Motherboard. My system - on random times would black screen. When doing anything from gaming to watching a movie/video and at all random times this would happen. After uninstalling the Corsair Link software I have not had an issue since.

I had to uninstall Corsair Link. I have an X79 system with a 4930K running on a Asus Motherboard. My system - on random times would black screen. When doing anything from gaming to watching a movie/video and at all random times this would happen. After uninstalling the Corsair Link software I have not had an issue since.

Thankyou I have a Rampage IV Black Edition which does the same thing with my 4930k. I just got a 1080Ti and thought the card was broken. Hope this gets fixed!

Thankyou I have a Rampage IV Black Edition which does the same thing with my 4930k. I just got a 1080Ti and thought the card was broken. Hope this gets fixed!

My motherboard is a Asus Rampage IV gene. I was just about ready to return my GTX 1080 as well. This has been going on for a long time and I was at my wits end. So after I set my fan speed to quiet I not only uninstalled Corsair link but I also unplugged the Corsair Link cable. I have been testing my system for 3 weeks straight with it running nearly Non-Stop and not one black screen since. On the Nvidia forums there is also a long list of people with the same problem and with similar systems. Let me know how your system goes after also some further testing but I am very confident it's going to stay stable for you. Glad that you didn't have to return your 1080ti.

My motherboard is a Asus Rampage IV gene. I was just about ready to return my GTX 1080 as well. This has been going on for a long time and I was at my wits end. So after I set my fan speed to quiet I not only uninstalled Corsair link but I also unplugged the Corsair Link cable. I have been testing my system for 3 weeks straight with it running nearly Non-Stop and not one black screen since. On the Nvidia forums there is also a long list of people with the same problem and with similar systems. Let me know how your system goes after also some further testing but I am very confident it's going to stay stable for you. Glad that you didn't have to return your 1080ti.

I think its a nvidia driver problem with the 10 series doing something with corsair link more then anything else. As it never happened when I had 2 970s

Unfortunately I have currently the corsair commander pro as my Fan/LED/USB Hub so i cannot uninstall corsair link at the moment. I doesnt happen very often for me most days. At most its happened twice in 1 day. But it bugs when it does as its unexpected.

I think its a nvidia driver problem with the 10 series doing something with corsair link more then anything else. As it never happened when I had 2 970s

Unfortunately I have currently the corsair commander pro as my Fan/LED/USB Hub so i cannot uninstall corsair link at the moment. I doesnt happen very often for me most days. At most its happened twice in 1 day. But it bugs when it does as its unexpected.

SIV can control your Commander Pro and related fans and LEDs flawlessly. Just check just about any thread in the Link forum. It won't take you long to find SIV and it's author Red Ray. SIV does a lot more than just control Link hardware. Check it out.

SIV can control your Commander Pro and related fans and LEDs flawlessly.

SIV :loveeyes: should be able to, but doing this relies on the CLCP firmware working as specified.

I expect this is not possible with the CLCP 0.2.136 firmware as it seems to have issues, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=919108.

These bugs are also an issue for CL 4.8.2.1 :roll:.

Well after having had black screens 4 times today ive had to uninstall link.

Very bad for a company as a big a Corsair to have such shockingly buggy software

Where is your QA?

Yeah I wish I could run Corsair Link as well. I wish this was an easy fix but from everything I have read on the Nvidia forum a lot of people are having this problem and not every single system is the same. The chance of this being fixed is really low in my opinion. Be sure to uninstall every remnant of Corsair Link from your system - because even when you uninstall the software the USB driver remains. And please let me know in a week or two if your system remains stable.

Archived