Corsair Community

H80i Problems..

NYCSean

Hi Corsair Members and Mods,

I recently bought a h80i product roughly 1 and a half week ago and i just started to have a usb malfunction error. I thought it was one of my usb products that is malfunctioning but it wasn't. I found out it was the cooler's usb port. I saw a thread which address to the same problem that i am having. I tried unistalling the driver from windows and restarting it but i still get the same error also i tried pulling it off the motherboard and switching it to another port but still having the same error. Using the program that Corsair provided to monitor the H80i and the newer technolgies that support CorsairLink i do see my pump and fan but they all show 0, they used to show the fan speed at 2000~RPM and the pump at 2150~rpm. Another problem that occurred is the screws to mount the radiator to the case would not tighten after trying to change the fan ventilation direction it would just keep on turning and turning and when i check if the radiator is secured to the case it would just fall back out. What should I do? I cannot return the product due to me removing the upc code from the box to send in the rebate. which i removed yesterday.. just great.. and this occurred the following day. I really don't want to RMA since i would not be able to use my computer for a week or two depending on how fast the RMA's process..

P.S. I also tried uninstalling CorsairLink 2.2.0 and installed CorsairLink 2.1.1 but that didn't help at all either now it doesn't show the pump at all now. :mad:

Buy a new H80i, swap it with the defective one and return it for a refund. I'm fed up with RMA's from Thermaltrash, Coarsehair, and Assuse. This is how I'll be dealing with defective products from here on in. If these companies don't want to take the time in making QUALITY products then I don't have the time to send them in.

is there any product that you like?

i own products from each of the mentioned and they work for me,i wonder where the difference is

quite frankly the difference is you,no offense but if computers is this hard then save yourself the head ache and have a professional do your work for you.

im sure ill regret saying this but products cant be made idiot proof

ridicule doesnt become anyone

Umm ..back to the OP's problem...

Using the program that Corsair provided to monitor the H80i and the newer technolgies that support CorsairLink i do see my pump and fan but they all show 0, they used to show the fan speed at 2000~RPM and the pump at 2150~rpm

What other software are you using with the Link? Or am I mis-understanding this?

If not, what happens if you just use the Corsair link software by itself?

Have you tried unistalling all instances of the Link software and try a fresh instal.

I cannot return the product due to me removing the upc code from the box to send in the rebate. which i removed yesterday.. just great.. and this occurred the following day. I really don't want to RMA since i would not be able to use my computer for a week or two depending on how fast the RMA's process..

I would go ahead and RMA it. You can call CS next week and request an advanced RMA and they will send you a new unit before you have to send in the old.

If you are outside the USA ,you can instal and use SKYPE to make the call to the toll free number for nothing. But you will need to call them because they con only be set up that way for credit card security reasons.

You can find the toll free number on the main website page at the bottum under "contact".

Umm ..back to the OP's problem...

What other software are you using with the Link? Or am I mis-understanding this?

If not, what happens if you just use the Corsair link software by itself?

Have you tried unistalling all instances of the Link software and try a fresh instal.

- I have only tried CorsairLink 2.1.1 and 2.2.0

- I'm not using any 3rd party software with the link.

- Yes but didn't work.

- I have provided a screenshot of what i see now in CorsairLink.

(Used to show pump information, fan speed @ 0, but after reinstalling program it doesn't even show anymore.)

Untitled.thumb.jpg.1b5dd9b67b5cda8ec4e03968d4ac86fd.jpg

I would go ahead and RMA it. You can call CS next week and request an advanced RMA and they will send you a new unit before you have to send in the old.

If you are outside the USA ,you can instal and use SKYPE to make the call to the toll free number for nothing. But you will need to call them because they con only be set up that way for credit card security reasons.

You can find the toll free number on the main website page at the bottum under "contact".

Thanks. I will try this out.

Archived