Corsair Community

Virtual Keyboard not showing up

Eurocharge

I don't know the particular term for it, but the virtual representation of my K95 RGB Platinum isn't showing up in CUE 2.

This isn't necessarily that huge of an issue; I can still use the keyboard normally and use the basic lightning modes, but it is preventing me from using the advanced lightning settings. This is what I'm talking about:

http://i.imgur.com/CkUooIJ.png

It should look like this:

http://i.imgur.com/qQ8AreR.png

Any way I can fix this?

Have you tried reinstalling CUE? Did anything change?

It seems like the image file for the keyboard is missing. Does the Sabre and MM800 image show up?

Reinstalling CUE doesn't seem to work. The Sabre and the Polaris do show up; the K95 is the only peripheral having the issue.

What version of CUE are you running?

Upload the latest CUE log as it may provide a hint as to what is preventing the image from showing.

Logs can be found in %localappdata%\Corsair\CUE\logs

I am running the latest version of CUE, as per James' advice.

I went through the logs on my own and identified this:

2017-05-15T07:33:52 W qrc:/qml/collection/DeviceViewCarousel.qml:57:4: QML CueImage: Error decoding: file:///E:/Program Files/Corsair/Corsair Utility Engine/devices/views/k95_platinum/na.jpg: Unsupported image format
2017-05-15T07:33:55 W qrc:/qml/collection/DeviceViewCarousel.qml:57:4: QML CueImage: Error decoding: file:///E:/Program Files/Corsair/Corsair Utility Engine/devices/views/k95_platinum/na.jpg: Unsupported image format
2017-05-15T07:34:10 W QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified
2017-05-15T07:34:11 W qrc:/qml/collection/DeviceViewCarousel.qml:57:4: QML CueImage: Error decoding: file:///E:/Program Files/Corsair/Corsair Utility Engine/devices/views/k95_platinum/na.jpg: Unsupported image format

It seems that CUE does not support .jpg images. I had encountered this same problem when trying to upload a custom BG, which I had solved by saving the image as a .png file, which CUE supports.

However, when I converted the K95 .jpg file to a .png file, I ended up getting this message in my logs:

017-05-15T07:37:05 W qrc:/qml/collection/DeviceViewCarousel.qml:57:4: QML CueImage: Cannot open: file:///E:/Program Files/Corsair/Corsair Utility Engine/devices/views/k95_platinum/na.jpg
2017-05-15T07:37:05 C cue.download.fw: Aborting idle process not supported.
2017-05-15T07:37:05 W QFile::remove: Empty or null file name
2017-05-15T07:37:10 W qrc:/qml/collection/DeviceViewCarousel.qml:57:4: QML CueImage: Cannot open: file:///E:/Program Files/Corsair/Corsair Utility Engine/devices/views/k95_platinum/na.jpg
2017-05-15T07:37:11 W qrc:/qml/collection/DeviceViewCarousel.qml:57:4: QML CueImage: Cannot open: file:///E:/Program Files/Corsair/Corsair Utility Engine/devices/views/k95_platinum/na.jpg

It seems CUE is programmed to retrieve the file in .jpg format specifically, despite not being able to support it in the first place.

EDIT: I would like to add that the image for the K95 RGB Platinum is not missing; it is there, just not in the right format for CUE.

• 9 months later...
Can you send me the log? I'll have them digest why it doesn't read the image properly. You can PM me a link.

Hello James, i have exatcly this problem too. I created my own thread (but iam without a fix yet), but i will post here my logs to you.

K65 RGB Rapidfire (Layout brazilian portuguese, ABNT. That with "ç").

My thread is http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=942006#post942006 any tips are welcome.

logs.zip

Archived