Corsair Community

SPEC-06 front RGB strips

Thrallfaec

Just finished my PC build using SPEC-06 RGB case, but unfortunately I can't get the front RGB to work.

After popping the front panel off and unscrewing the RGB strips I've noticed that after powering the PC on only the 1st LED tries to light up (ends up just blinking very faintly) and the rest just does nothing.

Trying to fiddle with the controller buttons does nothing at all.Everything seems to be connected as it should, and switching power connectors had no result.

Is that an issue with the strips themselves or the problem lies somewhere else ?

Sounds like your LED strip is defective/damaged, you probably need a new one. Something similar happened to me but Corsair support refused to help or even let me pay in full for replacement part.... I had told them I believed mine was damaged when I used a SATA power cable that wasn't designed for the PSU I had... You will notice they offer replacements on this forum to everyone who reports the same issue and doesn't know the cause, I wish I had done like everyone else.