Corsair Community

New iCue "Freezes" and requires constant CorsairService restart

Rakshasas

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a problem that has been getting worse and is specific to iCUE and possibly the CommanderPro. I have been using Link and the old CUE software before getting a CommanderPro and the only problem I've ever encountered is CUE occasionally crashing silently.

I encountered the freeze once before after installing a new SSD. I cloned my drive instead of performing a clean install. The hardware monitoring would constantly crash. I know the problem is specific to the monitoring piece of the software since everything runs flat. I was changing colors on my keyboard according to temps and everything just gets stuck with the last reported info.

I had solved the problem by performing a clean install. Restarting the service helps temporarily, but it's impossible to keep up with if the service crashes every few minutes. Repairing the install helps to prevent some crashes but has little to no effect on keeping the service running. A "clean" install does nothing to resolve the problem.

Now I have encounterd the problem again. I am assuming this problem has something to do with the hardware monitoring service building up garbage over time or some background function setting something that essentially kills itself. I have updated to the latest version and repaired the install and hopefully the service stays running. I will keep this post updated.

Edit: Software quietly crashed in the background while writing this review...

Edited by kholt90
Software crashed as I was writing this review.

Corsair is releasing an entire custom water cooling solution that is going to be entirely useless unless this problem gets fixed. At this point, it's fair for everyone using iCue to proactively prevent people from purchasing any of Corsair's new cooling products. They've been broken before they were announced.

After a year with the H100i v2 and dealing with this program, I think I'm ready to say I regret going to Corsair route.

I'm with you mate, I've got an H80i V2 and yet we've had one comment from Corsair saying it's "top priority" yet nothing is being done.

What's the point in having water cooling when I have to run on extreme anyway. I may as well kept my loud Cooler master fan in it.

So, after further investigation, i realized that what causes the software to freeze is one of the three processes needed for normal operation that shut itself down forn unknown reasons

Cattura.jpg

More precisely is Corsair.Service.DisplayAdapter.exe that disappears in the task manager, whenever the graphs go flat. In my case doesn't happen only when the cpu is under stress but even at idle.

What i do to bring it back to working is opening the Task Manager > Details, go to "CorsairService.exe" > right click > end process tree and it restarts automatically.

Edited by Bahamut___

So, after further investigation, i realized that what causes the software to freeze is one of the three processes needed for normal operation that shut itself down forn unknown reasons

Cattura.jpg

More precisely is Corsair.Service.DisplayAdapter.exe that disappears in the task manager, whenever the graphs go flat. In my case doesn't happen only when the cpu is under stress but even at idle.

What i do to bring it back to working is opening the Task Manager > Details, go to "CorsairService.exe" > right click > end process tree and it restarts automatically.

I appreciate the advice mate, however, this has all been known and worked out before on the previous pages of this thread with numerous workarounds using that exe with applications such as project lasso and things like that to prevent the crashing. However, it will crash at some point within the cycle may it be at the desktop or playing games.

As many users on here, we're not willing to risk the crash, and when the software believes that the CPU is only at 30c when I'm actually gaming and the temps are sky high.

I have had it on numerous occasions where I have set the fan curve on to finish gaming and restart the service and the fans end up ramping to 100% because the temp went from the frozen 28c to 42c (H80i v2 temp).

Corsairs lack of input and care towards its customers is becoming a joke and again like many people here, I will definitely be replacing their products as soon as I rebuild the computer and will be warding off any other people that are thinking about buying Corsair. We've had one response in a year since this thread was created and it apparently was listed at "top priority" yet we've had two patches for iCue and still no changes.

I am wholehearted disappointed.

It has been more than a year since I've had this issue and there seems to be no solution to this from Corsair.

It is frustrating to use default fan profiles because they are too aggressive and at the same time also as frustrating having to constantly kill and restart the corsair service every time this happens just to fix it.

Like others on this thread I think the only real solution is to not buy their products. I love their design and everything but the software really lets it down. What is the point of the hardware when it is being hampered by this software?

same problem

Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\Corsair.Service.exe

Signature du problème

Nom d’événement du problème*: CLR20r3

Signature du problème 01: Corsair.Service.exe

Signature du problème 02: 3.16.0.4

Signature du problème 03: 5ccace25

Signature du problème 04: System.Management

Signature du problème 05: 4.8.3752.0

Signature du problème 06: 5c7a241f

Signature du problème 07: 8a

Signature du problème 08: 51

Signature du problème 09: PSZQOADHX1U5ZAHBHOHGHLDGIY4QIXHX

Version du système: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.256.48

Identificateur de paramètres régionaux: 1036

Information supplémentaire n°*1: 2beb

Information supplémentaire n°*2: 2beba6fb4680d73a8c78ca7c24ccdb46

Information supplémentaire n°*3: 8b29

Information supplémentaire n°*4: 8b297a3d0d8118186ed04b7aebd72a1b

Informations complémentaires sur le problème

ID de compartiment*: 3821397e51b6ef9332475d8fac383868 (1317124287680231528)

Hello all , reading this post is a little scary and I'm sorry for any one having software issues. I'm in the process of ordering parts and have already started to invest in the Corsair eco system , so far I have the Copro , 2 x Nopro's , 6 LL fans and 4 led strips! I've yet to invest in a AIO! I'm obviously worried that I will have this problem and wondering if I went with a different make AIO if I could avoid it? Will my set up ( Copro/Nopro/ LL fans and strips) have this same issue?? Once again , I'm sorry for those that are having issues , but if you could save me from the same issues before It's too late I'd really appreciate it.

Can I use a different RGB cooler (AIO) separate from the corsair eco system??

(I'm waiting on the ryzen 3000 series and x570 motherboards , so can't give exact spec just yet) I decided to go with the Corsair eco system but quite frankly , this post has me worried.

Edited by Madhaze

You can get a different AIO and still use LL fans on it.

You'll have to control the AIO from the app the other brand provides or your MOBO if the AIO allows it. (some are controlled via USB)

I have 3 LL fans 4 strips and a H115i Pro and I#m quite happy with the experience.

Just don't run HWinfo with "Corsair Asetek" enabled and you'll be fine. As for USB Internal Hubs I have two NZXT running and they work flawlessly.

Hello all , reading this post is a little scary and I'm sorry for any one having software issues. I'm in the process of ordering parts and have already started to invest in the Corsair eco system , so far I have the Copro , 2 x Nopro's , 6 LL fans and 4 led strips! I've yet to invest in a AIO! I'm obviously worried that I will have this problem and wondering if I went with a different make AIO if I could avoid it? Will my set up ( Copro/Nopro/ LL fans and strips) have this same issue?? Once again , I'm sorry for those that are having issues , but if you could save me from the same issues before It's too late I'd really appreciate it.

Can I use a different RGB cooler (AIO) separate from the corsair eco system??

(I'm waiting on the ryzen 3000 series and x570 motherboards , so can't give exact spec just yet) I decided to go with the Corsair eco system but quite frankly , this post has me worried.

Corsair make good products so I would totally stick with them, if you purchase a different AIO then you would avoid all the bull**** we've been getting as it's all software based from iCue.

Good thing you caught this post, glad you're able to miss this **** mate.

However, as I have too anyone else looking into purchasing. Keep in mind how crap the customer support is and how much help Corsair have been to us and think if you get any problems with your stuff, how much help they may or may not be.

Good luck with your build.

Corsair make good products so I would totally stick with them, if you purchase a different AIO then you would avoid all the bull**** we've been getting as it's all software based from iCue.

Good thing you caught this post, glad you're able to miss this **** mate.

However, as I have too anyone else looking into purchasing. Keep in mind how crap the customer support is and how much help Corsair have been to us and think if you get any problems with your stuff, how much help they may or may not be.

Good luck with your build.

Thanks for the reply/tip , I'll stick with the RGB air cooler that comes with the Ryzen 3000 series for now and keep my eye on this situation . Glad I caught this post as well mate. I'll still have plenty of 'bling with the 4 strips and 6 LL fans to satisfy my midlife crisis I'm sure haha :D

So just a heads up, about two weeks ago, Tech Support has set this issue to high priority for the software team to look at and have it evaluated to see what's triggering the system to freeze.

Again, sorry guys for not keeping you in the loop. I'll keep you guys posted as updates come along.

So, what's this about being kept in the loop. Almost three months later and were no closer to a solution than when the thread started. Are we getting any update yet?

I just updated iCue to 1.17.94. I checked the release notes for the update and I don't see anything that tells me they solved this problem. I'm testing it now but I just want to summarize my experience.

The Corsair service crashes consistently while using custom fan curves and only while using custom fan curves. I've update iCue, I've forced firmware updates for all of my devices. I have my RGB set to change according to temperature and not once has the service crashed why playing games or just sitting at the desktop. Within minutes the service crashes after enabling the custom fan curves.

The problem is specifically the interaction between the hardware monitoring service and the custom fan curves.

Corsiar's entire new cooling lineup is doomed to fail at this point. We don't buy cooling loops to run our fans at 100%.

It has been more than a year since I've had this issue and there seems to be no solution to this from Corsair.

It is frustrating to use default fan profiles because they are too aggressive and at the same time also as frustrating having to constantly kill and restart the corsair service every time this happens just to fix it.

Like others on this thread I think the only real solution is to not buy their products. I love their design and everything but the software really lets it down. What is the point of the hardware when it is being hampered by this software?

I have a corsair AIO and ive just created a custom fan curve, its really not that hard, the default ones have other variables and triggers you cant control. I have the white SE aio and those fans can go higher than 2400rpm on "performance mode" so those would be turbines. Just create a custom profile and you will be able to adjust the curve. The default presets and conditions may not be the same for all users based on their system, environment, etc.

http://prntscr.com/o8avnu

I have a corsair AIO and ive just created a custom fan curve, its really not that hard, the default ones have other variables and triggers you cant control. I have the white SE aio and those fans can go higher than 2400rpm on "performance mode" so those would be turbines. Just create a custom profile and you will be able to adjust the curve. The default presets and conditions may not be the same for all users based on their system, environment, etc.

http://prntscr.com/o8avnu

I'm not sure if you're fully understanding the issue. We're all aware how to create a custom fan curve, however using it for us causes the issue system to crash. This means were forced to use the presets.

I'm not sure if you're fully understanding the issue. We're all aware how to create a custom fan curve, however using it for us causes the issue system to crash. This means were forced to use the presets.

Does Corsair? I think it would be a safe bet to put your money on 'No'.

Same problem.. And i am prettyy sure the disconnect device "disconnect sound" some users are reporting ( me included) when Icue starts autom,atically or manually after a restart is also related to this issue.

for now i defined all my static lighting to be saved on device ( except my harpoon mouse) and i completely closed icue and disbaled the start with windows button.

I have the following:

*h100i v2 --> static light plus custom ciurve for fans --> saved on device

*2 rgb LED strips with RGB node pro --> static lighting defined on device

*Corsair starfe silent --> static defined on device

*Wireless harpoon mouse --> cant define it on device.

When the "service" hangs the following doesnt work:

*The monitoring --> curves and valuies are not refreshed and remain constant

*Changing the profile for the h100i v2 doesnt work --> lighting and curves does not apply.

Yep...i just sold my h100i v2 and got a noctua cpu cooler...way more reliable... i dont think the issue is gona be resolved... it has been like this for a year now... the support rarely replies and when they do, they go through standard protocol, Log files, maybe its another software fault ...blabla....