Corsair Community

H115I Pro Platinum Strange sounds and vibration

Mudruck

Greetings!

I purchased my H115I Pro Platinum back in may and it has been working great up until recently. Last week I powered up my system and was surprised to hear the cooler making gurgling noises like it was sucking bubbles or something through the pump. I powered the system down and left it for a bit and powered it back up and the gurgling noises were much less pronounced, but there was a low hum/vibration coming from the pump head. I again powered down my system, let it sit for about an hour and powered it up again.

Everything seemed to sound okay, but I did notice that my CPU temps fluctuate quite a bit now even when it is just idling. Normal temps were in the mid 30s with the typical spikes up into the 40s when something used the CPU, but they would drop right back down. Now I am seeing temps that can start in the 30s, and then spike up into the 40s and 50s and stay there for a while even with the CPU idle. The coolant temps also spike pretty quickly at this point, up into the high 40s and low 50s sometimes. Sometimes everything seems to work as it did before and I see the spikes and then the CPU cools right back down.

I do notice that the gurgling and vibration sound do come and go as well. Sometimes everything is silent, sometimes the vibration and the gurgling noises come back. I am thinking something is amiss with either the pump or the coolant level in the unit itself.

I submitted a ticket on Friday, hopefully I hear back from Corsair soon as this is driving me a bit nuts with the noises and temps.

Has anyone else had similar issues?

It does seem like bubbles, but if you are seeing an actual and pronounced shift in coolant temperature when this happens, it is a little more concerning. Usually it's just an annoyance rather than detrimental to performance. Same thing as the other thread:

1) On the desktop, cycle the pump from low (Quiet) to high (Extreme) and again every 10-15 seconds or so. The goal is for the change in pressure to push the bubbles out of the block.

2) If that does not work, set the pump to Extreme and rock the case backwards. That can be leaning toward the back panel or backward so the I/O panel is lower. You are trying to get the in/out hose above the CPU block and hopefully natural physics will do the job.

3) Involves taking the block off the CPU and shaking. Definitely random results, but if you already are experiencing actual coolant change when this happens then it needs to get sorted.

What pump speed do you normally keep the H115i Pro at? If the Quiet 1100, maybe keep it up on balanced. There already is a performance penalty for 1100 rpm and it would be more affected by any kind of additional restriction.

Normally I have ran it on balanced. After reading the forums, I have tried moving the PC to different positions and setting it from quiet to extreme to try and get the bubbles or whatever is causing the issue to go away and the vibration and noise still comes and goes. I would almost say that it is louder at times after doing that.

One of the main reasons I went with the H115i setup was that it was listed as one of the most quiet units out there. It was until all of this started up.

I tell ya, it is pretty frustrating that we are almost a week in and not even a response from Corsair other than the 'A support representative will be in contact with you within 2 business days.' in the initial automated Zendesk email response with the ticket #. If you have implemented a new support ticket system, and know that you are a few days behind, just change the auto-response form to let your customers know that you are out a few days instead of advising them of one thing and knowing that the real answer is something else. Things like this make me question my other Corsair purchases like my Keyboard, mouse, and headset. What if something goes wrong with them within the warranty period and I have to go through something like this all again.

:brick: