Corsair Community

Fix for K70 LEDs staying on after shutdown

Humboldtef

EDIT: I'm sorry to say this fix did not last long and it's not a permanent fix, I tested this last night and after 2 restarts it was working fine, but this afternoon it stopped working. Again sorry if I got anyone's hopes up, I know i'm disappointed, i wanted this fixed.

For those who are tired of either unplugging their keyboard or adjusting the brightness level down to get the LEDs to go out (after shutdown) I've found a permanent solution and maybe a clue for Corsair to fix the software outright.

Simply use USB 2.0 instead of USB 3.0, that's it, enjoy.

For those with a newish PC like mine which doesn't have any USB 2.0 ports you can get around this by using an older USB 2.0 cable to connect (however you connect), this will downgrade your USB 3.0 to 2.0 essentially.

I wanted to retain the ability to charge things at night when my PC is off so changing the bios to turn off charging (when off) was not an option I was into. Plus its not really a fix, just a workaround.

I hope this helps, and let me know if this doesn't work for you. I didn't see this mentioned as a solution so I hope this isn't old news. I imagine this should work on all of the K series keyboards too.

Archived