The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-07-2018, 07:48 AM
Drinzler's PC Specs

POST ID # = 984159
Drinzler Reputation: 10

Same issue here, newly built pc with Asus Z390 motherboard. LED's work on the fans but I can't find anyway to get the pump LED working.

Old 12-10-2018, 10:58 PM

POST ID # = 984788
ocgenie Reputation: 10

Hello folks,

I have Z97 Asus board (Sabertooth) I spoke a to a tech on 12-10-2018 and they had suggested on Asus boards to disable the Q fan control (BIOS fan curve) since it starts at a low RPM. This was after I returned my H100i Platinum to the retailer for a replacement. I understand that there is some discussion that Molex to SATA conversion may cause this issue since Molex and SATA do different amps from what I understand. The tech concluded that I most likely just had bad LED's. Corsair iCue detected that everything was working though, however some BIOS's (at least mine) detected the pump was at a much higher RPM (almost double) what issue says. I imagine this might be because of the factory fun curve on the BIOS side? Hope this gives you folks some idea for your MSI boards as well being given this logic if it has something similar. I understand the CPU cable only is a tach for monitoring the RPM's, but to my thought, if the BIOS curce is under what the pump can do minimum then you might to adjust the curve... I was planning on programming the pump LED's to give me a visual of my CPU temp.

Old 12-12-2018, 03:04 PM

POST ID # = 985062
Dale_ Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocgenie View Post
Hello folks, to first start off, I have a H100i platnium, but this might also help some with different model AIO coolers.

I did some testing and found that (after support insight) that A 4 wire SATA extension connected between the PSU and the SATA power on the motor/pump will not power the pump OR might be a remedy of why some are not getting LED's turning working on their unit. I definitely found that in my case a molex to SATA converter doesn't work either.

So in conclusion, I found that going straight to the PSU's SATA works the best, I have not tried a 5 pin/wire SATA extension though.
Try this fix from ocgenie - It worked for me!

It was a molex to sata connection that was causing the problem all along.. Plugging it into a sata connector direct from PSU fixed the problem and the LEDs on pump now work!

Last edited by Dale_; 12-12-2018 at 03:09 PM.

Old 12-12-2018, 06:23 PM
Pillakachu's PC Specs

POST ID # = 985088
Pillakachu Reputation: 10

i have the sata connector direct from psu and same issue

Old 12-12-2018, 06:38 PM

POST ID # = 985090
ocgenie Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillakachu View Post
i have the sata connector direct from psu and same issue
I tried a 4 wire SATA extension and it did NOT work, you have to have a sata connector that has all the wires from what I found out for my self.

Old 12-12-2018, 08:26 PM
Pillakachu's PC Specs

POST ID # = 985100
Pillakachu Reputation: 10

yes but didnt work

Old 12-14-2018, 02:38 AM
Tabttu's PC Specs

POST ID # = 985316
Tabttu Reputation: 10

Whoever figured this out, THANK YOU!

I had mine connected through a SATA power splitter... So, after spending a few hours re-routing my cables, I was able to plug the AiO directly to the PSU. Problem solved!!! Now all the LED's (on the ML fans, and the waterblock), work perfectly! I'm so relieved that I don't have to RMA and install a new one again. I hope everyone else that's having trouble with the LED's is able to resolve the issue, and get everything working properly.

Old 12-16-2018, 12:14 PM
Frozone's PC Specs

POST ID # = 985713
Frozone Reputation: 10

Just put together a new build
Asus Z370-A motherboard
Corsair vengeance RGB Vengeance 32gb ram
i7 8700k cpu
GeForce 1080Ti gpu
NZXT case
Crucial m.2 ssd 500gb
Crucial m.2 ssd 1TB
Western Digital Blue 1TB Hdd
Elgato 4K 60fps capture card
Corsair AIO h100i RGB Platinum cooler

Everything works fine but the h100i pump head does illuminate at all.
The icue shows the pump head and illumination control but it doesn’t work.
I will contact Corsair tomorrow.

Old 02-13-2019, 12:57 AM
wowitsomar's PC Specs

POST ID # = 993975
wowitsomar Reputation: 10
Big Grin Possible Solution (worth a try, it worked for me)

Hello,

I have a CORSAIR H100i RGB PLATINUM AIO Liquid CPU Cooler,240mm,Dual ML120 PRO RGB brand new from amazon. After I installed it, I had the same issue where the PUMP LED would not illuminate but the Radiator fans would. The iCUE software would act as if the pump led's were working.

I had it connected to one of those Molex to SATA power adapters as I had run out of SATA power connectors.

What worked for me was take one of the SATA power cables from the power supply and connected to the pump (and not connect anything else to that cable). When I did that, the pump led illuminated and its working perfectly, i believe it has something to do with the voltage it needs.

It sucks that I had to use an entire sata cable to power the pump, I just used my Molex to SATA adapter to power my hard drive i had taken the sata power cable from.

Good Luck! definitely let me know if this helps you out!

Old 02-13-2019, 04:45 AM

POST ID # = 994017
Corsair Calico Jack Reputation: 10

Woah so many responses here!

So, we've had some positive results from the above solution ^^^

Apparently, certain PSU manufacturers use an odd 3.3volt rail for their SATA connectors which doesn't play nice with multiple devices connected AND the Platinum cooler.

Most user's with the issue are reporting that connecting the cooler to a dedicated SATA with nothing else plugged in corrects the issue.

**Edit: Those of you that aren't helped by this solution might want to try another SATA cable, or a different SATA port. If you still can't get it to work, contact us through a ticket and we can take a closer look. Just remember to link the forum post with a short TL;DR so we know where you left off.

Last edited by Corsair Calico Jack; 02-13-2019 at 04:48 AM.