Corsair Community

Mapping G keys

bluefizz

So Im new to the whole PC gaming world (left the PS4 world behind), and I just bought a Corsair K55 RGB keyboard. Issue is Im having trouble with the G keys.

I want to be able to assign them in different games for different things, but they are defaulting to G1=1, G2=2, G3=3, etc.

I figured out how to allow this to happen using iCue for my mouse, but its not doing the same for the keyboard.

For example, when I want to map the G1 key in BFV to open up a chat window instead of the enter key, it says im mapping the key to the number 1 key. I dont want to manually map the G1 key to the enter key, but instead have it as its own key so I can freely remap keys in different games.

The G-keys do exist in the ASCII world, so games will not natively recognize the key. You must program G keys and sniper buttons through the iCUE software. The easiest way is by mapping it to an existing ASCII key in the game. (Dodge=C in game, G1=C in iCUE). There may be some other ways to work it, but more complex and always will involve substitute mapping. It also means these substitutions will only work with the software running or a keyboard capable of onboard profiles with the same mapping.

If you don't like Enter as the chat, change it in game to something else and then map G1-G6 to the new key. I probably wouldn't use one for an easy to hit key like enter, but I do find it useful for specific actions that don't have an original mapped key or are in otherwise awkward positions (page up/down, NumPad keys, etc.)

Archived