Corsair Community

Custom build ONE!

MyPC8MyBrain

anyone here with a working retail ONE system?

i need little help from anyone with a working Corsair ONE system,

i am stuck atm with a missing value that is in the registry of a retail unit,

i need to know the name of the board as it appears under this registry hive if anyone can post this would be of great assist getting the system stable with fan control,

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\BIOS

under this hive there a key named "SystemProductName"

im stuck atm guessing the value of that key if anyone can share this value it would be of great help,

TIA

Chris

String: SystemProductName

Value data: CORSAIR ONE

Note caps as above.

Dave

YaY \ o / Dave W00T

cant thank you enough man i was actively searching and trying to figure this reg key out when your response alert came in,

i was running out of options and was ready to drive to the local store and snoop in their display model to see what that key was :o

thanks to your input i dont have to do this now,

as soon as i plugged in the right value you posted above i was good to go,

this allowed me to update LINK for my custom ONE since it refused to install on my build,

that reg bit solved it and allowed the installer to do its thing on its own,

Dave Thank you again, you saved my day and my Custom ONE build!

which is now complete and is Rocking a solid fan ramping as needed <3

Custom-ONE.jpg

see above...

Edited by MyPC8MyBrain

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • Corsair Employee
@MyPC8MyBrain please explain in details it will be very helpful.

Do you guys think it is possible to upgrade gpu? I have 1080 today but would like to upgrade and keep it water cooled

You cannot upgrade the GPU, the cooling bracket is custom design for the specific card it's attached to.

• Corsair Employee
@StormShadow

that is incorrect,

the GPU can be swapped with any GPU provided one removes the cooling shroud they come with;

any GPU will fit there using the standard pump that's currently in use there,

I can assure you what I said is correct. With all due respect, not "any" GPU can fit in there, left alone able to fit the custom cooling bracket.

i'm looking right at it!

the top bracket is just securing the card in place and is custom for the case, still has no relation to which GPU it can accommodate,

in the old and the new case design you can take any full factor GPU with removed shroud and fit it in there,

these are made to specs world wide and must fit any generic slot, hence just by merit of that logic it should and can fit any full size GPU,

since im no one you know or can trust, ill drop one name,

this was confirmed directly by Dustin stating that any full size GPU can fit in there,

and... there is no custom anything there we should be aware of!

this goes for both the old and newly refreshed case design for Corsair ONE,

Edited by MyPC8MyBrain

how are Dustin <3

obviously you cant go crazy inside there with cooling etc,

i believe the question was can the existing 1080 be upgraded (likely to 1080TI or 2080),

my base assumption we are talking same size/space GPU (excluding cooling),

when you say "graphics liquid cooling system" are you referring to the bottom support PCB bracket might not fit the upgraded gpu dye layout?

that should definitely be taken to account!

ATB

Chris

how are Dustin <3

obviously you cant go crazy inside there with cooling etc,

i believe the question was can the existing 1080 be upgraded (likely to 1080TI or 2080),

my base assumption we are talking same size/space GPU (excluding cooling),

when you say "graphics liquid cooling system" are you referring to the bottom support PCB bracket might not fit the upgraded gpu dye layout?

that should definitely be taken to account!

ATB

Chris

Thank you for the response. So if i get it right, it's possible to upgrade GPU and stay on original cooling system if you find a card with similar size, maybe MSI 2080 or at least 1080TI? and of course replace PSU.

Once again, if you can find a card that has similar height and mounting spec. But you CANNOT attach the existing cooling bracket to just any card.

Thank you for the answer. Why couldn’t you answer so in your first replay, and just saying:”no,it’s not possible “?

It’s kind of confusing. I think that upgradability of One system is one of the strongest sailing arguments! So please help us with finding possible solutions instead of giving such kind of answers, we are fully responsible for what we are doing and your organization can learn from our experience as well.

Swapping over to an air cooled GPU <should> be viable & comparatively easy if your current GPU breaks. Obvious caveats regarding size, heat & power consumption. Do your research first.

Custom brackets can also be fabricated at home these days if you have a decent 3D printer. Any upgrade will be limited by skill level and time requirement vs the size of your wallet to buy a new one!

I love my C1, it's incredible. Visually the best PC I've ever owned, by far. (Sorry M1!)

Edited by nox_uk

Hi guys, Sorry for butting in on the tread with a question, but i saw that you are doing something similar to what I have planned.

I recently got the 160i and while I am more then happy with the processor and graphics card, I am heavily disappointed with the motherboard choice. I plan to upgrade to the same board you went with as the layout is extremely similar to the current MSI and from what I saw in the case, this should be well within my ability. Along with that, I plan to swap the ram with corsair 3200 and do a small mod on the case to accommodate the new front usb-c port and the 2080ti's Virtuallink port.

I am sure that the motherboard will no longer be under warranty; However, I will not be touching the other components and will be upgrading the ram with corsair's. Can a Mod let me know if I will be able to retain any form of warranty (so long as the damage was not caused by me) on the system or will I lose it all if I preform this mod?

• 11 months later...

@MyPC8MyBrain Hey bro, how did you get that 240mm cooler to fit in the case? Is that a off the shelf cooler that i can buy or is it custom?

Nice build by the way! I went with the same board and power supply. My RAM is on order and coming in as we speak! 64gb 3600mhz all the way! :D

it’s not off the shelf or a simple mod, it’s one of a kind custom built! (similar to the first ONE build i posted on this thread)

the old Corsair ONE 240mm (or i160 GPU side) rad fits there like a glove with no physical mods required to the case or existing layout,

the locking pins at the top of the rad can be pushed out with a paperclip on either side to release a double O-ring plug for swapping and or refilling the loop,

IMG-7708.jpg IMG-7699.jpg

Edited by MyPC8MyBrain

it’s not off the shelf or a simple mod, it’s one of a kind custom built! (similar to the first ONE build i posted on this thread)

the old Corsair ONE 240mm (or i160 GPU side) rad fits there like a glove with no physical mods required to the case or existing layout,

the locking pins at the top of the rad can be pushed out with a paperclip on either side to release a double O-ring plug for swapping and or refilling the loop,

IMG-7708.jpg IMG-7699.jpg

Awesome, Thank you for the explanation and pictures. I guess the difficult part would be getting my hands on the cooler from the old corsair one since I never had one to begin with. I will hold off on changing my radiator for now.

After weeks of trying to purchase a replacement GPU Rad + Pump (after it was accidentally damaged during a cleaning of the system), I have dumped all the old i7-7700k + 1080 Ti hardware and built my own Franken-One!

Went with the Z390i MOBO upgrade, with an i9-9900k chipset. Got it all installed, thanks to Chris, got the Corsair Link running and am monitoring temps and fans etc.

Difference in my system is that I have a ZOTAC RTX2080 Ti TwinFan installed - which was covered in another post on this forum.

PROBLEM.... my idle temps are 44-50 deg with the top fan spinning at like 500rpm.

I need to increase the base idle fan spin, to provide adequate cooling.

How can I do this? I am an ex-apple user that has come to the dark-side, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ben

After weeks of trying to purchase a replacement GPU Rad + Pump (after it was accidentally damaged during a cleaning of the system), I have dumped all the old i7-7700k + 1080 Ti hardware and built my own Franken-One! Let’s not get me started on Corsair’s customer support, leaves me bewildered.

Went with the Z390i MOBO upgrade, with an i9-9900k chipset. Got it all installed, thanks to Chris, got the Corsair Link running and am monitoring temps and fans etc.

Difference in my system is that I have a ZOTAC RTX2080 Ti TwinFan installed - which was covered in another post on this forum.

PROBLEM.... my idle temps are 44-50 deg with the top fan spinning at like 500rpm, which is not drawing enough air through the CPU rad. I need to increase the base idle fan spin, to provide adequate cooling.

How can I do this? I am an ex-apple user that has come to the dark-side, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ben

Ben, glad to hear you got your issue sorted out,

try changing your system power plan to power saver,

the new win10 power schema has it hidden by default,

(in command prompt issue this ->

powercfg -duplicatescheme a1841308-3541-4fab-bc81-f71556f20b4a

than in Power Saver Settings make sure your cpu cooling policy is set to passive not active!)

otherwise your system is ramping up during idle for no good reason,

Edited by MyPC8MyBrain

yes in the bios,

first benchmark your cooling solution in the bios and let the system manage itself,

you shouldn't need to manually set fan to max seed after that,

if your cpu still idle's at high temps afterwards repaste your cpu!

where did you plug your fan power too,

is it in the right port?

IMG-7773.jpg

Edited by MyPC8MyBrain