Corsair Community

(K55 RGB) Keyboard makes all software run horribly.

FinFett

First of all, for some reason the K55 RGB isn't on pre-fix...

Now, to start this off, I've encountered a multitude of problems since using this keyboard since I've got it at Christmas.

1) Some games won't boot up. What you see is what you get, the games don't boot up and I'm left on a black screen until I close the game with task manager. I un-plug the keyboard, the game boots up straight away with no problems. This happens with CUE or without. I even uninstalled CUE from my system and tried booting up the game, still doesn't boot up.

2) Games are severely slowed down. This is a great example - Star Wars Battlefront 2. I purchased this before Christmas and played it with 0 problems on my crappy keyboard I had before hand. After Christmas, it barely runs at 5fps (I wish I was joking.) If I close down CUE, the game goes to around 20fps. If I unplug the keyboard entirely... the game goes up to 60fps!

This is ridiculous and I wanted to know is this a common problem with the K55 RGB, Corsair keyboards as a whole or if I've got a bugged keyboard.

To note, I also have a Corsair Harpoon mouse, thankfully, this causes zero problems too. If anyone can give any feedback, it would be much appreciated.

Yeah there's a fair number of these threads in regards to this issue, and I guess it's time for me to take out the keyboard this was supposed to replace.

From what I've come across it appears to be something about it fighting other HIDs and corsair are working on it, but I hope they've realised it doesn't entirely have to do with CUE or Steam..

Archived