Corsair Community

Corsair Void USB Static

iteachvader

I just bought a Corsair Void RGB USB, and it's a pretty nice headset but with a few unwanted bugs here and there. I've ignored the easily overlooked ones, and turned my attention to noticeable static when the system volume is turned up. It is quite annoying and distracting when I'm trying to listen to minute details in music or audio and I have to turn the system volume up. The static makes it near impossible to focus on the actual audio.

My old headset was a Logitech G430, and did not have this issue.

I've tried disabling/muting the microphone, re-installing the drivers and software, alternative USB ports, changing the default audio format (the device's default format is non-selectable), the list goes on. Unfortunately, I have not found a solution. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks!

EDIT: I noticed that it only seems to happen when audio of any sort starts playing. It quits shortly afterwards, thus making it all the more frustrating.

EDIT 2: Also, there's a persistent high-frequency sound in the left ear (in the single ear cup; when I wear the headset backwards, it's in the right ear). It gets noticeably worse when the microphone is activated and when the ear cup lights are on.

• 4 weeks later...

I actually just decided to return the headset and get a Logitech G230 instead. Turned out to be the best headset I've ever had.

I'm really disappointed that the higher priced Corsair headset was lacking in quality, especially since it's built so sturdily for a headset. My G230 won't last nearly as long unless I take extremely good care of it.

Oh well.

That's unfortunate there was no solution.

I've been through multiple headsets. I had a Logitech G930 which was quite awful, went to a ROCCAT Kave XTD 5.1 which was amazing for 2 years then it started to become all static like.

Moved to a G.Skill Ripjaws 710, which honestly was the worst headset I've ever owned, then I got this. Probably going to wind up sending the Kave XTD in for an RMA...

Sucks, was hoping Corsair headsets were worth it.

That's unfortunate there was no solution.

I've been through multiple headsets. I had a Logitech G930 which was quite awful, went to a ROCCAT Kave XTD 5.1 which was amazing for 2 years then it started to become all static like.

Moved to a G.Skill Ripjaws 710, which honestly was the worst headset I've ever owned, then I got this. Probably going to wind up sending the Kave XTD in for an RMA...

Sucks, was hoping Corsair headsets were worth it.

Save yourself the time and money and just get a Logitech G230.

Archived