Corsair Community

Corsair 280X and RTX 2080 Cooling

ArfurAnt

Hi,

I am partway through my first build and waiting for availability of Z390 and I7 9700K. Preordered an RTX 2080 yesterday and looking for recommendations on airflow through the case. Was planning on mounting the H100i PRO RGB at the top ideally adding extra LL120 RGB fans on the intake. Should I keep the original fans for push pull and will two LL120 RGB fans at the front be sufficient or should I consider adding intake or outlet fans in the base or side compartment? I can give up the bottom PCI slot if needed for space.

Many thanks.

• Corsair Employee

Hey there.

You might not have enough room to go push pull. While this is a bigger ITX case, I did run into a few clearance issues with my build and had to take out a lot of components.

The LL fans should be enough but you would get better cooling if you went with ML Pros or ML Pro RGB instead. Currently only running 4 fans on my build (2 MLs for the top and 2 LLs for the front). It does the job but definitely could be better.

Hi, many thanks. As I don’t have the motherboard yet it is difficult to judge space so will need to experiment.

I was just a little concerned as the 2080 does not seem to be a blower so will increase the heat inside the case.

Archived