The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cases

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-15-2019, 07:13 AM
fdsantos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 997791
fdsantos Reputation: 10
Default Corsair Crystal 570x Mirror RGBs NOT WORKING???

Hi everyone,

I have build my machine no more than a month old and I have managed to install my LL120 fans x6 throughout the case and the RGBs worked although my case RGBs connected to my motherboard (Asus Maximus Hero XI WIFI) did not! Since the case if very difficult to be managed and cable management I decided to wait for my new GPU arrive so I would get the job done at once. So once my GPU arrived I decided to open the case again yesterday.

So I decided to connect 2 RBG Hubs, one of them with all 6 slots occupied of LL120 fans, and the other RGB HUB only one wire for the case RGB both front panel Corsair logo and PSU plate Corsair logo. Then connected both to channel 1 and 2 to the Lightening Node Pro but I have had no success getting the case lights ON.

I tried going to iCue and messing around with the options and activating channel 2 (which is where the HUB for case RGB is connected to) but had no success!

Any guidance on this would be much appreciated as I'm very sad right now.

Kind regards!

Last edited by fdsantos; 03-15-2019 at 07:20 AM.

Old 03-15-2019, 08:34 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 997800
DevBiker Reputation: 83

Channel 2 needs to be configured as SP-RGB fans. Is that how you configured it? Can you show a screen cap of your Lighting Setup?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 03-15-2019, 12:48 PM
fdsantos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 997830

Yes the HUB 1 is set as LL series fans and 6 of them.
HUB 2 is set as SP series and I tried from 1-6 fans but no lights on.

Sorry for the sketch but this is how I have connected the wires.

https://imgur.com/0aCedMQ

Old 03-15-2019, 02:03 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 997839

Fans have to be connected in order. You cannot connect it to Fan Hub Port #2 with nothing in Port #1. It won't work. No skipping ports allowed.
So start there.

Next, check all of the cables. Does everything have power? Cables connected correctly?

Check iCUE. Can you show us the screen captures of your Lighting Setup and the lighting configuration of the Lighting Node Pro?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 03-15-2019, 02:16 PM
fdsantos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 997841

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
Fans have to be connected in order. You cannot connect it to Fan Hub Port #2 with nothing in Port #1. It won't work. No skipping ports allowed.
So start there.

Next, check all of the cables. Does everything have power? Cables connected correctly?

Check iCUE. Can you show us the screen captures of your Lighting Setup and the lighting configuration of the Lighting Node Pro?
Fans are connected in order. From bottom to the back 1 to 6 nothing has been skipped.

Everything has power in fact I'm connecting to the same SATA cable with 3 connectors, if HUB1 is working fine HUB2 should as well.

Will send pics of my iCue soon.

Old 03-15-2019, 02:47 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 997849

Switch the SATA connections.

Also, verify that the right hub is plugged into the right channel. This has been the source of issues more than once. ;-)

Old 03-15-2019, 02:51 PM
fdsantos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 997850

Find my iCue screenshots on the link below.

https://imgur.com/a/pCcrm3g

Old 03-15-2019, 03:04 PM
fdsantos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 997856

Quote:
Also, verify that the right hub is plugged into the right channel. This has been the source of issues more than once. ;-)
If I was that stupid I wouldn't have managed to switch it on in the first place I reckon. ;p

Like I said before, the FANS are fine!

The problem is Corsair logos which are not lightening up. :(

You reckon it's faulty then?

Old 03-15-2019, 03:48 PM
Johnny_B500's PC Specs

POST ID # = 997863
Johnny_B500 Reputation: 10

Have you tried plugging in one of the stock case fans (just the RGB) into that second hub to see if it lights up? I'm just wondering if you've pulled a wire somewhere and this might be a good test to see if it's the hub itself or the case lights.

Old 03-15-2019, 07:04 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 997880

Also, do you have effects applied?

And ... dude ... no need to get offended. It has nothing to do with thinking or implying that you are "stupid". Smart people make mistakes, all the time. Heck, I've been working with Corsair RGB since it came out, I personally have 4 systems with various RGB components and know this stuff inside pretty well and I still make little mistakes! So ... it's just making sure that we double-check the little things that we sometimes take as an assumption, OK?

Old 03-16-2019, 08:05 AM
fdsantos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 997930

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_B500 View Post
Have you tried plugging in one of the stock case fans (just the RGB) into that second hub to see if it lights up? I'm just wondering if you've pulled a wire somewhere and this might be a good test to see if it's the hub itself or the case lights.
Yes I have tried to put the case RGB wire to the HUB 1 but doesn't light up! :( Although I can't recall whether I used SP fans set up on iCue to light them up. Either way I think it's irrelevant because iCue only starts to work once Windows is initialised which means when I power up the machine the Corsair logos had to light up at least in any colour as default.

Last edited by fdsantos; 03-16-2019 at 08:09 AM.

Old 03-16-2019, 08:07 AM
fdsantos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 997931

Quote:
Also, do you have effects applied?

And ... dude ... no need to get offended. It has nothing to do with thinking or implying that you are "stupid". Smart people make mistakes, all the time. Heck, I've been working with Corsair RGB since it came out, I personally have 4 systems with various RGB components and know this stuff inside pretty well and I still make little mistakes! So ... it's just making sure that we double-check the little things that we sometimes take as an assumption, OK?
No no, don't get me wrong. I'm not feeling offended by your help at all! Actually it's much appreciated! I'm just insinuating that I would definitely consider myself stupid if I made that mistake. :)

Nonetheless, what do you reckon is going on? I think the case's RGBs are faulty? And yes I checked the wires are fine and connected to both front and PSU plate? :(

Last edited by fdsantos; 03-16-2019 at 08:10 AM.

Old 03-16-2019, 09:49 AM
fdsantos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 997942

So I came to the conclusion my case is faulty!

I put a fan to make sure HUB2 is working fine, and the lights go on.

Tried the case RGB wire to HUB1 socket#1 and it's dead.

That being said, I believe it's a RMA type of situation? - That's really heartbreaking as I spent days to build this machine and manage wires how I wanted.

I bought it from Amazon a month ago, is that the solution? :(

Old 03-16-2019, 01:44 PM
Johnny_B500's PC Specs

POST ID # = 997965
Johnny_B500 Reputation: 10

Have you tried running fan hub #2 on it's own (completely separated from your case fans), NOT connected to the NoPro and using original button controller/top of case controls? Obviously in this configuration you wouldn't be able to control the lights via iCue.

Last edited by Johnny_B500; 03-16-2019 at 02:05 PM.

Old 03-16-2019, 04:33 PM
fdsantos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 997975

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_B500 View Post
Have you tried running fan hub #2 on it's own (completely separated from your case fans), NOT connected to the NoPro and using original button controller/top of case controls? Obviously in this configuration you wouldn't be able to control the lights via iCue.
That controller is the most useless thing tbh.

The solution will be a replacement :) I'm on it already. Tried everything doesn't work.