The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-19-2019, 10:02 PM

POST ID # = 990578
Flufsi Reputation: 10
Default High Fan Speeds

So uh I built my pc a while back and have always had this issue but when my CPU usage goes up to like 60% or more (i7-8700k) my case fans (3 hd120's) start spinning to high speeds and I was wondering if there's a way to make them speed up on high cpu heat, not usage %?. To cool my CPU I use an H150i Pro but thats not the issue it's the case fans (not connected to the H150i)

Old 01-19-2019, 10:06 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 990579
DevBiker Reputation: 88

First, high usage % generally equates to a warmer CPU.

Second, with liquid cooling, controlling your case fans based on CPU temperature really isn't appropriate. The CPU isn't the main source of heat for the case.

Finally, we can't help you with your issue because we don't know what your case fans are connected and and controlled by.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 01-19-2019, 10:14 PM

POST ID # = 990580
Flufsi Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
First, high usage % generally equates to a warmer CPU.

Second, with liquid cooling, controlling your case fans based on CPU temperature really isn't appropriate. The CPU isn't the main source of heat for the case.

Finally, we can't help you with your issue because we don't know what your case fans are connected and and controlled by.
Sorry I should of provided more info. My h150i fans are connected via the corsair link thingy that came with my spec oemga rgb case. the 3 case fans (hd120 rgb) are connect straight to the motherboard but the lighting is connected via the link controller. Should I connect my h150i fans to the motherboard and my case fans to the controller?. I don't know what to do it's just annoying with the fans going up and down. my cpu is always around 30-45 degrees i've never seen it go higher even under full load
0----------------------------------------
sorry i got it wrong my h150i fans are actually connected via the connections provided by the h150i cooler i got it wrong

Last edited by Flufsi; 01-19-2019 at 10:19 PM.

Old 01-19-2019, 10:16 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 990582
DevBiker Reputation: 88

So ... if the fans that are going up and down are connected to the motherboard, you need to go into the BIOS or the motherboard manufacturer's utility to control the fan speeds and to set the fan curve/fan speed appropriately.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Tags
cooling, fans, hd120, heat