The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-15-2018, 10:01 PM
limb0ist's PC Specs

POST ID # = 985630
limb0ist Reputation: 10
Default Auto shutdown bug

With the recent update of iCUE, my Corsair Void Pro Wireless keeps on giving "Auto shutdown initiated" voice prompt. If I reboot the iCUE program everytime I boot my PC or turn the feature on and off, it temporarily fixes the issue. However, it is very annoying and I would like to know if there is a fix for this?
(iCUE version: 3.10.125)

Old 12-15-2018, 11:35 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 985638
DevBiker Reputation: 88

No fix as of yet but a known issue. I would hope that we'll see the fix on the next release.

For now, I've disabled Auto Shutdown because it got on my nerves. Now I have to remember to turn off the headset. <sigh>

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 12-25-2018, 02:27 PM

POST ID # = 986912
krupted Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
No fix as of yet but a known issue. I would hope that we'll see the fix on the next release.

For now, I've disabled Auto Shutdown because it got on my nerves. Now I have to remember to turn off the headset. <sigh>
I'm in the same boat sort of, except iCUE resets itself even if open when I power on or off the headset. So if I forget to uncheck Auto-Shutdown every time I power on the headset I get this bug and Auto-shutdown initiates. I'll set it to a longer time and yet when I click settings again in iCUE (after only minimizing) it will often reset to 5 minutes and like I said, auto-initiate. I got the headset for Christmas and think it's amazing but this bug is not good and according to forums has been a persistent issue since at least 2016, what gives? That's almost 3 years to figure this out.

Old 12-28-2018, 02:09 PM

POST ID # = 987368
jaypr9 Reputation: 10

Just started happening to me, guess it was with the icue update because I never had this issue before. Not sure about the whole 3 yrs thing, didnt happen before at least for me.

Old 01-04-2019, 12:43 PM

POST ID # = 988252
stimrob Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post

I have the exact same issue. What's the status on this getting fixed? I use this headset for conference calls at work and this is quite irritating.

Old 01-04-2019, 01:42 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 988264
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimrob View Post
I have the exact same issue. What's the status on this getting fixed? I use this headset for conference calls at work and this is quite irritating.
Yes, it is irritating and I use mine for conference calls as well. In the meantime, just disable auto-shutdown.

It should be fixed with the next release. I don't have an ETA on that though.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 01-05-2019, 03:33 PM
Amir's PC Specs

POST ID # = 988419
Amir Reputation: 10

Try re-installing the iCUE software. If that doesn't work, plug the wireless dongle into a USB 2.0 port, not a USB 3.0 port. Apparently USB 3.0 interferes with the 2.4 GHz signal band.

Tags
.auto shutdown, bug, icue, void pro