The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Memory

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-23-2017, 10:28 AM
Magga's PC Specs

POST ID # = 904417
Magga Reputation: 10
Default Vengeance RGB RAM not working

Hey everyone, i just got my hands on the Corsair Vengeance RGB Dram. Package of 4x8gb 3000mhz. Motherboard is the Rampage V Extreme. I have downloaded the latest Corsair Link (v4.7.0.77) but i cant change any colour or modes. I am stuck with the default rainbow kind of something which i dont like. Does anyone knows something? (i also checked at corsair site and somewhere i read one answer by corsair saying ''Some motherboard vendors have a feature called “SPD Write” disabled by default, this feature will need to be set to enabled in order for CORSAIR LINK™ to control Vengeance RGB.'' ) If anyone had the same issue pls help.

Old 05-23-2017, 10:37 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 904418
red-ray Reputation: 81
Idea You need to have SPD write enabled in the BIOS, so enable it.

You need to have SPD write enabled in the BIOS, so enable it.

Old 05-23-2017, 10:39 AM
Magga's PC Specs

POST ID # = 904419

I've read about it somewhere, i think in Corsair site, but i wasnt sure about it. How do i do that? Is there an option in bios ? Like ---> SPD enable -Yes/No?

Old 05-23-2017, 10:55 AM
Magga's PC Specs

POST ID # = 904423
Haha!

Hey all, it seems that red-ray was right. Thanks man, really appreciate it. SPD write disable-->enable.

Old 05-23-2017, 10:57 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 904424
red-ray Reputation: 81
Arrow Yes, it's a BIOS option that was added relatively recently.

I don't have a RVE, but ...
Quote:
Attached Images
File Type: png RVE SPD Write.png (313.1 KB, 17819 views)

Last edited by red-ray; 05-26-2017 at 06:40 AM.

Old 10-23-2017, 02:26 AM

POST ID # = 924172
a575606 Reputation: 10
Default Same problem

To revive an old thread, but I have the same problem. I have an Asus z370-e gaming motherboard and have enabled SPD Write in the bios options, but there is no change in Corsair Link. It doesn't show the LED controls for the Vengeance RGB at all.

Help please!

Old 10-25-2017, 07:44 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 924519
Corsair Black Pearl Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by a575606 View Post
To revive an old thread, but I have the same problem. I have an Asus z370-e gaming motherboard and have enabled SPD Write in the bios options, but there is no change in Corsair Link. It doesn't show the LED controls for the Vengeance RGB at all.

Help please!
Please download latest C-LINK from http://www.corsair.com/en-us/downloads.

V4.9.1.23 adds Z370 support for Vengeance RGB.

Old 05-19-2018, 09:24 PM
Lurker Extraordinaire
monakh's PC Specs

POST ID # = 955343
monakh Reputation: 10

Is Vengeance supported on the X470 boards (Asus ROG CH7) under iCUE. I can't seem to get it detected automatically.

Old 05-20-2018, 09:41 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 955502
Corsair Art Reputation: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by monakh View Post
Is Vengeance supported on the X470 boards (Asus ROG CH7) under iCUE. I can't seem to get it detected automatically.
Which kit are you using? Remember iCue is in its early stages as well so a new platform and itself could have some issues.

-Art

Old 05-24-2018, 11:13 PM

POST ID # = 956068
toastcfh Reputation: 10

I have a asus prime-pro x470 Mobo and Corsair vengeance rgb ram. neither cue or link see the ram at all. I can change the color with asus aura just fine. but the Corsair applications do not seem to work at all. it's a fresh install of windows and fully updated. I've tried uninstalling aura and the Corsair applications and then just installing the Corsair apps either or both cue and link. nothing seems to work.

I reinstalled aura and used it for a few days. but then when changing colors one day on a single stick the led went out after rebooting. well I think it might just be in a bad color more or something since it does a single flash of red when I power off the machine. I had been messing with the brightness of red that day. so I'm not sure if the stick is just stuck too dim or the led blew. I wanted to try to correct with the Corsair sw but I simply can't get it to detect it.

Old 05-27-2018, 12:49 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 956298

Quote:
Originally Posted by toastcfh View Post
I have a asus prime-pro x470 Mobo and Corsair vengeance rgb ram. neither cue or link see the ram at all. I can change the color with asus aura just fine. but the Corsair applications do not seem to work at all. it's a fresh install of windows and fully updated. I've tried uninstalling aura and the Corsair applications and then just installing the Corsair apps either or both cue and link. nothing seems to work.

I reinstalled aura and used it for a few days. but then when changing colors one day on a single stick the led went out after rebooting. well I think it might just be in a bad color more or something since it does a single flash of red when I power off the machine. I had been messing with the brightness of red that day. so I'm not sure if the stick is just stuck too dim or the led blew. I wanted to try to correct with the Corsair sw but I simply can't get it to detect it.
Please uninstall Aura in its entirety once again, make sure you're on the latest bios and clear out the ASUS and Corsair folder from %APPDATA%, then install only Corsair Link.

Old 06-07-2018, 10:50 PM

POST ID # = 958131
toastcfh Reputation: 10

so this ended getting resolved in a strange way. basically I uninstalled and cleared app data several times. this never would allow the sticks to be detected by cue. I ended up having a look at the sevices running. cue service was indeed running at normal priority. I changed the priority to high and it detected the ram as soon as I opened the cue app again. the ram led was still off for the one stick however. I took a shot at changing the colors of all sticks and boom it flipped on.

my theory is by using Asus Aura and messing with the colors, it got that one stick stuck in a off mode or something. oddly aura could not correct this even tho it put it in the mode. it seems the cue application made some change and corrected the led issue.

I am currently using aura for Mobo lighting and fans and have just unselected ram in aura at the top. then just use cue to control the ram LEDs. really I hope rgb gets standardized in someway soon. it really does suck having to use two different applications to control LEDs, plus the apps have different modes and features that others dont. it'd be nice if oems would step up and make it so third parties can control the rgb lighting. this isn't a stable at Corsair for sure. if I had to choose, I'd pick cue over aura to manage all my LEDs. but I can't even do that if I wanted to right now.

thanks for the help.

Old 06-10-2018, 08:32 AM
quangteo44's PC Specs

POST ID # = 958456
quangteo44 Reputation: 10
Default Vengeance RGB RAM not working

Hi all,

I have same issue on MSI B60 Gaming pro carbon.

Someone have any idea ?

Thanks

Old 06-11-2018, 02:28 AM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 958560

Quote:
Originally Posted by quangteo44 View Post
Hi all,

I have same issue on MSI B60 Gaming pro carbon.

Someone have any idea ?

Thanks
Did you try what toast tried?

Old 07-21-2018, 10:25 AM
quangteo44's PC Specs

POST ID # = 964735
quangteo44 Reputation: 10

Yes, I tried. But it's still not work.
Please check this post to have picture of my LINK app: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=178653

Tags
corsair link, rgb, vengeance