The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Systems > CORSAIR ONE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-19-2017, 04:54 AM

POST ID # = 903872
skalinte Reputation: 10
Default Corsair one Headset problems

Greetings, i have a corsair one and bose campanion 5 which connects via usb to the cpu. When i connect my headset to the bose panel my mic does not seem to work but i could hear the sounds fine. And on to my recording/playback devices i cant seem to find headphones enabled/ headphone icon to be connected at all. Ive tried updating all the sound drivers and such to no avail. I also tried connecting my headset on the CPU however has no headphone jack. just a mic jack which i dont have seperately. Any advice would be appreciated.

Old 05-19-2017, 01:52 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 903928
Corsair StormShadow Reputation: 10

Hi Skalinte -

The headphones port on the control pod of the COMPANION 5 is for SOUND only, not for MIC.

The reason why you do not see your headphones in the Playback Device is because you are using an ANALOG headphones, which is a plug-n-play device that has no software. In other words, only USB headphones shows up as an independent audio output device, ANALOG headphones will not.

Hope this help.

Old 05-19-2017, 06:00 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 903952
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

It looks like your Companion 5's headphone jack is wired for headphones only and is not a combination headphone/microphone jack. That would explain why you get audio but the microphone doesn't work.

The headphones themselves won't show up in Windows either; Windows is only going to see the Companion 5 and then the Companion 5 internally pipes audio to the headset instead of the speakers.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 06-12-2017, 11:01 AM

POST ID # = 907686
Puzzler Reputation: 10

That just means your games don't maintenance dolby encoding. You can try changing the settings in the game to see if anything works.

Of course, you will get better audio just putting the programs in "headphone" mode and letting the software provide a better audio approach

Tags
corsair one, headphones