The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-01-2017, 02:51 PM

POST ID # = 897799
shaneboy888 Reputation: 10
Default Corsair VOID bricked

I was having issues with my headset crackling and cutting out, so I decided to update the firmware. When the update finshed, it said that the update could not sucessfully update. I try to turn on the headset and nothing happens. I try to put it in bootloader mode and take it out of bootloader mode and nothing happens. There's no lights on the headset turning on. Now when I try to update the firmware, it won't even detect it on the USB. I've tried moving the USB cable, updating CUE, and restarting my computer, all of which have failed.

Old 04-02-2017, 06:28 AM

POST ID # = 897830
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

When you put the headset into bootloader mode, Windows should see the device as an Avnera device.

If you don't see it in Devices or Printers (Control Panel), or there is a unknown device, try a different computer and see whether that works.

Old 04-02-2017, 09:10 AM

POST ID # = 897844

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasted View Post
When you put the headset into bootloader mode, Windows should see the device as an Avnera device.

If you don't see it in Devices or Printers (Control Panel), or there is a unknown device, try a different computer and see whether that works.
The thing is, when I try to plug in the USB to other ports, windows doesn't recognize it. It'll recognize it as an unknown device, but still won't work. I also don't have access to multiple computers.

Old 04-02-2017, 10:01 PM

POST ID # = 897908

UPDATE: It seems to be the drivers. I uninstalled the wireless dongle driver and now it is recognized by windows. However, when I plug in the headset with the charging cable, it appears as an unknown device. How would I go about uninstalled the VOID's drivers?

Old 04-03-2017, 09:44 PM
NeoReaper
NeoReaper's PC Specs

POST ID # = 898018
NeoReaper Reputation: 10

Uninstalling CUE should remove the drivers, if not, go to Device Manager, find the headset in there and right click > Uninstall > Delete driver software for this device. Should do the trick.

Old 04-04-2017, 05:15 PM

POST ID # = 898100

I fixed the issue. I unplugged the headset from the charging cable. I usually just left it wired and plugged it into the USB. I took the headset off and only plugged in the charging cable, then put the headset onto the charging cable. That managed to make my computer recognize it. Thanks for your help though!

Tags
bricked, broken, corsair, issue, void