The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Memory

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-08-2016, 04:02 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 874730
red-ray Reputation: 81
Question What are the SPD and LED control chip part numbers ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pSynrg View Post
Is the state of the LEDs stored on the modules, do you know. Possible to borrow a Z170, program them as static and move them back to X99?
I don't know. If you can look at the DIMMs and tell me what the SPD and LED control chip part numbers are I could look at the datasheet and find out.

A typical SPD chip looks as below and I suspect the LED chip will be similar, though one chip might control both.

Quote:

Old 10-09-2016, 08:23 AM
pSynrg's PC Specs

POST ID # = 874780
pSynrg Reputation: 10

I can't see that chip without taking the heat spreaders off.

Thanks though, but I'll try the Z170 thing to see if static is stored on the modules. It'll either work or not. If not I'll be swapping these for some regular DIMMs as my PC is positioned such that the pulsing LEDs are a no no.

(I got these as I'd read they could be made static, the article at the time didn't mention any X99 limitations, and I never thought there would be any issues. Neither does it mention anything on the product page.)

Old 10-09-2016, 08:45 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 874784
Sigh.. I half suspected this may be the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pSynrg View Post
I can't see that chip without taking the heat spreaders off.
OK, I half suspected this may be the situation.

I suspect it should stick so that the DIMMs are as you last set them when you boot the system as this is what happens with my Crucial BLT4G3D1869DT2TXRG DIMMs.

I am hoping I can get SIV to change the setup on X99 within the next few days.

Old 10-12-2016, 12:45 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 875191
Corsair Art Reputation: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipsee View Post
Hi Folks,
Recently built a new PC with the Vengeance LED ram in it (2X16GB) and not only can I not get them both to go static (only 1 stick does), they don't even "breathe" simultaneously. Currently have Corsair Link 4.3.0.154 and am using a MSI Z170A MPOWER Gaming Titanium ATX LGA1151 Motherboard...

Any help would be greatly appreciated as it is kinda ruining the aesthetic of my new build!

Thanks in Advance,

Tipsee
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACiDxCHRiST View Post
I am using an ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha and with Corsair Link v4.3.0.154 only one of my 2 sticks is affected.

Slot B1 is static, Slot B2 continues to pulse.
Hey, please start up a ticket on our support site and pm me the ticket number.

Last edited by Corsair Art; 10-12-2016 at 12:48 PM.

Old 01-14-2017, 06:47 AM

POST ID # = 886597
Vix Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipsee View Post
Hi Folks,
Recently built a new PC with the Vengeance LED ram in it (2X16GB) and not only can I not get them both to go static (only 1 stick does), they don't even "breathe" simultaneously. Currently have Corsair Link 4.3.0.154 and am using a MSI Z170A MPOWER Gaming Titanium ATX LGA1151 Motherboard...

Any help would be greatly appreciated as it is kinda ruining the aesthetic of my new build!

Thanks in Advance,

Tipsee
Oh i get you, im having the exact same problem..and it looks so bad now.
Did i just spend a whooping 1700 kr (200 usd) on this?

Old 01-14-2017, 05:50 PM
IcedDog's PC Specs

POST ID # = 886683
IcedDog Reputation: 10

I have the same issue of only 1 stick (of 2) being able to change to static lighting. I'm using a Z270 board (GIGABYTE GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming). I actually like the pulsing effect, but it would be nice to have the option for the pulsing to be synchronized among all sticks.

Old 01-14-2017, 07:06 PM
Aotw's PC Specs

POST ID # = 886688
Aotw Reputation: 10

Having same issue here with my new 2x8GB red led sticks. Only 1 of them shows up in Corsair Link 4.3.0.154 and only 1 of them effected by changes i make.

MSI Gaming Pro Carbon Z270
I7-7700K

Old 01-29-2017, 11:18 AM

POST ID # = 889027
rolli Reputation: 10

I had the same issue, out of sync pulsating. I tried static with sticks in slots 2-4, only the stick in slot 2 would go static. I just added another two sticks to fill up my 4 slots. Now all 4 are static.

This is on a MSI z270 gaming pro carbon

Old 01-29-2017, 10:33 PM

POST ID # = 889096
madweazl Reputation: 10

I can only get one to stay static on a Gigabyte Gaming 7 (Z170) and it's driving me bonkers too. I'm only running 2x8gb and was planning on adding two more but I'm hesitant with this issue. Any ideas on why 4 sticks worked but 2 did not?

Old 01-30-2017, 03:05 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 889115
Idea The code in CL4 is C**p

Quote:
Originally Posted by madweazl View Post
Any ideas on why 4 sticks worked but 2 did not?
My best guess is that the code in CL4 is c**p. With 4 DIMMs the SMBus addresses will be contiguous and with two there will be a gap. My guess is that they only tested on systems with 4 DIMMs and that the code does not allow for there being gaps in the SMBus addresses.

When I added code to SIV to control the LEDs it had no issues at all controlling the LEDs two DIMMs, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=888742.

If you look at http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=874699 + http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=873788 you can see SIV [SMB Bus] screen shots that show the DIMM LED SMBus addresses.

Last edited by red-ray; 01-30-2017 at 03:15 AM.

Old 02-03-2017, 05:50 AM

POST ID # = 889704
GreenAcid82 Reputation: 10

Stupid. 150 dollar ram and LINK does nothing. They both pulse in Bios but the moment I login to windows and one goes static and the other blinks

Fix your **** corsair. ****. I have a LOT of your products and love them. Please don't make me send my ram back

Old 02-03-2017, 03:53 PM
Business Casual
JJ_Langan's PC Specs

POST ID # = 889790
JJ_Langan Reputation: 10

Ran into the same issue here:
No Software: LED's work - Default setting seem to be "pulsing". I wanted to change them to static so I downloaded the latest Corsair Link V4.3.0.154 - and it only controlled one stick and it shut off the other. Anyways, I decided pulsing was better then have one stick working so I uninstalled link.

Since I'm running z270e Gaming Mobo and Asus 1070, I of course downloaded Aura V1.04.21 to control the lighting effects. Sure enough, this software shut down both LEDs on my RAM completely. But a simple roll back to Aura V1.04.09 fixed that issue but created another. It conflicts with the CAM utility for my NZXT Kraken. So now I can't control that... but it seems to have saved my last setting and is still flashing the color scheme I wanted... for now.

Old 02-04-2017, 08:15 PM
andeby's PC Specs

POST ID # = 889925
andeby Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Langan View Post
Ran into the same issue here:
No Software: LED's work - Default setting seem to be "pulsing". I wanted to change them to static so I downloaded the latest Corsair Link V4.3.0.154 - and it only controlled one stick and it shut off the other. Anyways, I decided pulsing was better then have one stick working so I uninstalled link.

Since I'm running z270e Gaming Mobo and Asus 1070, I of course downloaded Aura V1.04.21 to control the lighting effects. Sure enough, this software shut down both LEDs on my RAM completely. But a simple roll back to Aura V1.04.09 fixed that issue but created another. It conflicts with the CAM utility for my NZXT Kraken. So now I can't control that... but it seems to have saved my last setting and is still flashing the color scheme I wanted... for now.
How did you get them to turn back on? I installed Aura V1.04.21 too. Didn't even think it would do anything with the RAM, but it shut both down. I then installed Corsair's program and it made one stick work. No matter what I do though the other stick's LED won't turn on again.

Old 02-05-2017, 04:02 PM
Business Casual
JJ_Langan's PC Specs

POST ID # = 890033
JJ_Langan Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by andeby View Post
How did you get them to turn back on? I installed Aura V1.04.21 too. Didn't even think it would do anything with the RAM, but it shut both down. I then installed Corsair's program and it made one stick work. No matter what I do though the other stick's LED won't turn on again.
Uninstall link and go download the previous version of Aura V1.04.09. Warning. This version conflicts with the NZXT CAM Kraken drivers. So if you have it... I cant tell because you didnt list your system components... You wont be able to control its lighting effects.

Old 02-05-2017, 04:46 PM
andeby's PC Specs

POST ID # = 890036
andeby Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Langan View Post
Uninstall link and go download the previous version of Aura V1.04.09. Warning. This version conflicts with the NZXT CAM Kraken drivers. So if you have it... I cant tell because you didnt list your system components... You wont be able to control its lighting effects.
I forgot to edit my post in this thread. Your advice helped though, but only after I had completely shut down my PC while doing some cleaning. No NZXT CAM here. Too bad there are so many compatibility issues, all I want is to have static white LED's. Lets hope these manufacturers can fix their software!

Tags
corsair, ddr4, ram