The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-02-2018, 05:53 PM

POST ID # = 983231
DeanThaKid Reputation: 10
Default Corsair LL120 Fans Change Color/Lighting Configuration on System Shut Down

Hello, I have just recently built my new pc 3 days ago. Everything was working fine until this morning. I noticed that my Corsair LL120 Fans change from the configured lighting setting to the default Rainbow Wave on Shut down. When I boot my pc back up, and sign into windows, they change back to the correct lighting configuration. I am wondering why this is happening and why is it doing this today and not 3 days ago?

Last edited by DeanThaKid; 12-02-2018 at 06:00 PM.

Old 12-02-2018, 06:31 PM
Doer of Things and Stuff
Charixfox's PC Specs

POST ID # = 983240
Charixfox Reputation: 19

The configured lighting is actively sent to the controller by the computer when the computer is running and able to do so. When the computer stops the program that sends this data while it is shutting down, the LED controller does not receive any data anymore so goes into default mode.

As to why the behavior changed, that's anybody's guess. Perhaps the computer was slept instead of shut down before. The OS might have shut down and started up things in a different order. It's impossible to say why the computer's data connection was not established, just that it was not, and the operating system has control over the startup of the software needed to control the lights. Windows tries to be smart these days and make things "faster" without taking side effects into account.

Old 12-02-2018, 06:43 PM

POST ID # = 983246

What do you suggest that I try to correct the possible startup order configuration issue, if there is anything to try at all?

Old 12-02-2018, 06:53 PM
Doer of Things and Stuff
Charixfox's PC Specs

POST ID # = 983250
Charixfox Reputation: 19

Honestly I'm not certain that it's something that can be fixed, per se. When the controller has power and no data, it will show the default pattern. This happens with almost all LED devices in computers. Even the keyboards. Some will show nothing for a time and eventually change to "Demo Mode". But most everything has a demo mode that runs when it's not told otherwise.

Perhaps somebody with more insight into the LNP can provide some insight.

Old 12-02-2018, 06:59 PM

POST ID # = 983251

Alright. Thanks for your input!

Old 12-02-2018, 07:08 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 983253
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 103

You can also wait until tomorrow and the v3.10.xx of iCUE that finally addresses this, including for the LL fans. See below.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=182874

Old 12-02-2018, 07:15 PM

POST ID # = 983255

That update seems like it would fix my problem! Also I don't know if it is worth noting or not, but I have a set of dual channel 16GB Vengeance Pro RGB RAM. The lighting on the Vengeance Pro RGB RAM stays as it is supposed to every time. I'm guessing that the RAM has a storage module that saves the lighting configuration information from iCUE on system shut down. Anyways, I will just wait until tomorrow and see if that update fixes my issue!

Old 12-02-2018, 07:23 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 983257
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 103

Yes, the RAM is different and has some more complexity to it, both positive and negative. I don't own it so I can't elaborate much beyond most people are turning the software management of the PRO RAM off to cut down on CPU usage.

Old 12-02-2018, 07:29 PM

POST ID # = 983259

Hopefully the update has spiral wave xD. Although based on the image, I don't believe that it does

Old 12-02-2018, 11:32 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 983284
DevBiker Reputation: 88

The hardware-based lighting options are necessarily a bit more limited than the software-based lighting options. There's no getting around that as the MCUs in those devices are pretty simple.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 12-03-2018, 12:59 AM

POST ID # = 983296

I’m just happy to know that this happens to everyone else. Initially, I thought that I maybe messed it up somehow.

Old 12-04-2018, 10:15 PM

POST ID # = 983675

Since the new iCue update introduces hardware lighting for LL fans, I believe that should fix my problem. Although I haven’t tried it yet since I’m not home.

Tags
corsair ll, ll120, ll120 color change