Corsair Community

iCue issues & Features

Yanta

It's been asked for before... The ability to rename fans. I have 11 installed. I need to know which fan is where at a glance.

The Hard Drive widget still does not work

iCue does not detect the fan speed of the Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti (Temp is detected).

iCue is using 5 - 7 times the CPU of Corsairlink. The Old Corsairlink used between 0 - 1% CPU. iCue is using 5% - 7% all of the time.

Start in Dashboard

Add ability to resize window eliminating all the empty space.

Fans still randomly speed up / slow down without temp changes.

iCue still connects and disconnects.

When re-arranging panels, the new locations do not stick across reboots.

iCue occasionally loses custom fan curves

Why do you need to have so god damned many services running? Every software developer takes the same mentality "Who cares how many services. They don't take up much resources and don't hog the cpu". Until you get a dozen or so programs with the same attitude and all of a sudden you have 200 active processes and a machine that runs slower than an old 386 PC.

a) Fans can be renamed.

b) Hmmm ... just noticed that HDDs weren't there. Honestly, I've not looked for it for a while.

c) GTX 1660 Ti was just released. It sometimes takes some time to integrate new cards. It may also be an issue with the Gigabyte card as well ... hard to say at this point.

d) There are 3 services. The main Corsair service, the CPUID Service and the Display Adapter service. There's a good reason that they are split out.

What cooler are you running? What fans are ramping up and down? What are they connected to?

b) HDD/SSD widget should work. On a new iCUE install, you may need to toggle it off/on then restart iCUE. Add the drives from the Dashboard+ >System Info drop down.

That did it for me. Toggle off ... Restart service ... toggle on ... restart service.

a) Fans can be renamed.

b) Hmmm ... just noticed that HDDs weren't there. Honestly, I've not looked for it for a while.

c) GTX 1660 Ti was just released. It sometimes takes some time to integrate new cards. It may also be an issue with the Gigabyte card as well ... hard to say at this point.

d) There are 3 services. The main Corsair service, the CPUID Service and the Display Adapter service. There's a good reason that they are split out.

What cooler are you running? What fans are ramping up and down? What are they connected to?

Yeah? How can you rename the fans. I can't rename them.

I've tried re-installing iCue. I've tried stopping/restarting all 4 of the services, and rebooted, I've toggled the Enable Hard Drive widget. Nothing works. It won't work for me.

I figured the GTX 1660 Ti being new was the issue. But if things aren't reported they will never be fixed, and the turn around time for fixes with iCue is extremely long.

There are 4 "processes". These 4 services are the highest CPU using services (Sorry let me rephrase), at idle they are the only services using CPU, and it's constantly 5%-7% vs 0%-1% with CorsairLink.

H115i, H110i, H100i v2. All fans, CPU fans. CPU fans are connected to pump as they should be, case fans are connected to Command Pro's.

I was looking at iCue only because I'm having a different issue and really all I was attempting to achieve was get these issues documented.

Installing iCue did not solve the other problem I'm working on so I'm going back to CLink. It works. It only uses 2 processes, and virtually no CPU.

Take a look at the 'iCUE Tips and Tricks' series, particularly the fan curves video. That shows you how to change the names.

With the CoPro, the default fan curves are tied to CPU temp. This does ramp them up and down a lot more than they need to. Setting these to a different temp source is the way to prevent that. IIRC, Link behaved much the same way so it may be a matter of just not having your fan curves tweaked in iCUE just yet.

If you want to go back to Link, that's your choice. However, keep in mind that Link is EOL and that it very likely won't get support to read your GTX 1660. iCUE will (when, I cannot say; I don't have a GTX 1660). iCUE's support for these kinds of devices is based on the CPUID SDK.

It's all good.

As I said, I only installed iCue as a test to see if it resolved another issue I've been trying to track down. It didn't. I never intended to stay with iCue at this stage. I'll give it some more time to mature. It's not a matter of "going back to link" - Link has been my preferred solution for years.

Link doesn't vary my fans (that I can detect), unless the temps change. The curves are based in CPU Package. If I base the curves off coolant temps then yes, the speeds do fluctuate. The default Quiet curves are too loud for me and cool no better than the custom curves I set.

I have a sneaking suspicion Link does show me the GTX 1660 Ti temp/speed. I might be wrong, I'll have to check that. I'm not overly concerned as I have Afterburner for the graphics cards. Again, as I said, I was just documenting the issues I observed while testing.

The biggest issue for me with iCue is the massive CPU hit.

Archived