Corsair Community

Help with modes

vandelizer

New user here, did a couple searches for this but can't find the answers, also opened a ticket with Corsair but they say I'm trying to do something custom which is not supported by corsair even thoe the fan controller has it built in and Corsair stated in the ticket all functionality of the node is built into the software.

Via the software (Corsair Link) I'm able to get each fan and LED strip to do the exact same thing at the same time, but I'm not able to get them to pass from one to the next to the next to the next as shown in this video at 15:08 - 16:37[ame=

]
[/ame]. In the video he just has the fans plugged into power using the controller that comes with the fans, he is not using the Link software.

Basically, Via Corsair Link, how do I get a pattern to start at the first strip, pass it to the 2nd, then 3rd etc? For example the rainbow setting with the 4 strips in a circle. If you follow a particular color as it goes down strip 1, when it comes to the end of strip 1 the color stops, it does not continue on with strip 2. All I can figure out so far is to have each strip do the same thing causing it to look a bit choppy.

Red-ray, That is exactly what I'm talking about, how did you do it?

If you had to write something custom please let me know what software you did it with and if you don't mind sending me the file you made so I can use as a template. I am not apposed to the idea of learning another computer language. Please keep in mind I have 4 fans on a 480x120 radiator I'm wanting to sync with the LED's so I will have to tweak it.

I'm putting the LED's on the back of the case (a Thermaltake Core P5) so it will glow when hung on the wall.

Thanks in advance

please let me know what software you did it with

I just added code so the LNP got told the strip had 40 LEDs, 36 for the fans.

In general I only reply members who have used http://forum.corsair.com/forums/profile.php?do=extra to add their PC specs to their profile as I feel only such members deserve a reply. I have also noticed that members who fail to do this also ask questions rather then reading my posts.

The video linked in the OP shows off the hardware-only HD Light Controller that the package of three fans and a controller comes with. That is one of the six not-everything modes, while the seventh is "do the other six".

The behavior described by red-ray and in the HD120 RGB Custom Controller video on YouTube are both achieved with either custom software (SIV) for red-ray's LNP, or custom hardware (Arduino) and software for the video.

I looked at every screen on the SIV software you suggested but I do not see where to tell it the strip has 40 LED's and 36 for the fans as you mentioned.

I would never suggest you should use SIV as you did not even figure out I develop SIV 'till you were told. I am at a loss as to why you are saying I did and do not appreciate being misquoted :(:. I rarely suggest that anyone should use SIV and almost all SIV users just decide to use it.

Further as clearly you don't bother to read or act on my posts I would never contemplate doing this.

I extended [Link Setup] to enable the number of LED Strips and HD Fans to be specified.

attachment.php?attachmentid=28369&stc=1&d=1490539544

In general I only reply members who have used http://forum.corsair.com/forums/profile.php?do=extra to add their PC specs to their profile as I feel only such members deserve a reply. I have also noticed that members who fail to do this also ask questions rather then reading my posts.

Since I am using this equipment in more then one PC with completely different hardware, you expect me to fill this out how?

Good first ever post :cool:

At a guess RGB 36 LED HD Fans + Colour Wave + ☑ Random. I suspect if you posted [Link Setup] + [Link LEDs] some would be rather happy ;):.

I have LNP LED strips behind monitors.

[Link Setup]

attachment.php?attachmentid=28396&d=1490709268

[Link LEDs]

attachment.php?attachmentid=28397&d=1490709279

attachment.php?attachmentid=28398&d=1490709288

1351769827_LinkSetup.jpg.b4a7a3f560079a0e41ce4be5496e2626.jpg

1933117682_LinkLed-rainbow.jpg.fc32ba4277e02bb8f5bb8fba62118e0a.jpg

964302930_LinkLed-wave.jpg.29cd3688e864253c730cb0df3fc5d4be.jpg

Thanks for your help but till the SIV 5.18 beta is no longer beta I guess I'm stuck with what Corsair puts out. I'm currently running 5.17 and every time I try to down load the beta I get:

Unable to Open http://rh-software.com/downloads/siv_beta.zip, error 12029

A connection with the server could not be established

If I put the url it is downloading the beta from "http://rh-software.com/downloads/siv_beta.zip" in the address window of my browser it comes up "403 Forbidden" so I guess I have to wait till the testing is over.

In 5.17 the LPN port type there are not as many options as you have on the beta.

Thanks for your help but till the SIV 5.18 beta is no longer beta I guess I'm stuck with what Corsair puts out. I'm currently running 5.17 and every time I try to down load the beta I get:

Unable to Open http://rh-software.com/downloads/siv_beta.zip, error 12029

A connection with the server could not be established

If I put the url it is downloading the beta from "http://rh-software.com/downloads/siv_beta.zip" in the address window of my browser it comes up "403 Forbidden" so I guess I have to wait till the testing is over.

In 5.17 the LPN port type there are not as many options as you have on the beta.

You can download beta from website.

http://rh-software.com/

Go to "Known Issues" and find the link to beta.

That did it "Known issues", I'm running the beta 5.18 and got the LED strips and fans to work the way the rest of you are able.

FYI for those using 4 fans like I am on a 120x480 radiator, for the LPN channel you have the fan hub plugged into, to get the 4th fan to follow the pattern after the 3rd fan, set it to option 14 "RGB 40 LED strips" on the "AIO Link Setup" screen.

Thanks again to everyone on this thread for helping me get this to work.

• 1 month later...
I just want to give a big thank you to Ray for giving a software solution to this frustrating problem. Such beautiful Fan's and LED's, but such limited software from Corsair. Ray's SIV has given me the ability to set them up just how I'd like. Thank you :) Here's a video of my build: [ame]
[/ame]

I just want to give a big thank you to Ray for giving a software solution to this frustrating problem. Such beautiful Fan's and LED's, but such limited software from Corsair. Ray's SIV has given me the ability to set them up just how I'd like. Thank you :)

Thank you for the feedback.

I just wish Corsair would work with me so I could "make SIV even better".

Archived