Corsair Community

Corsair Obsidian 1000D Build Log/How to Guide

Zotty sorry so many questions just making sure before i start putting everything together. command pro for front fans setup connect to command pro for top and rear fans using the usb. The top and rear fans command pro connects to the power supply using the usb. The cpu cooler connect to the command pro for the front fans using usb.

ok..

If you are 100% sure its wired up from

1 LED channel 1 on the 1000D copro to the sails..

2 from the sails to the front IO

3 then the strips plugged into the pass through from the front IO

4 all selected correctly in iCUE as chassis lighting and Lighting Channel 1..

then yeah maybe a faulty IO panel is the culprit and its time to contact support Buddy

ok..

If you are 100% sure its wired up from

1 LED channel 1 on the 1000D copro to the sails..

2 from the sails to the front IO

3 then the strips plugged into the pass through from the front IO

4 all selected correctly in iCUE as chassis lighting and Lighting Channel 1..

then yeah maybe a faulty IO panel is the culprit and its time to contact support Buddy

Yupp, all those steps are taken. I'll contact support then. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
I created a 'u' Shape out of the paper if that makes sense :)... where you based?.. ScrewFix in the uk has some LED strip housing with built in defuser i am waiting for.....

Cool. I need to do this. :) Luckily I got a Screwfix close by

I created a 'u' Shape out of the paper if that makes sense :)... where you based?.. ScrewFix in the uk has some LED strip housing with built in defuser i am waiting for.....

Zotty I am in Oregon in the USA---out in the boondocks, however with access to Newegg :sunglasse

Hey zotty. Been reading through this thread and it's got some great ideas and really helpful info. I'm glad there are others experiencing this almighty task of building the 1000d.

I am going to be doing a custom loop in my build with push pull configs on 3 rads... Overkill i know :D

I have hit a few snags though, the fan tray at the top I do need a 4x120mm if I wanna fit it all in and they are all out of stock of course. So I'm delayed again.

Since I'm delayed I came here to learn some more stuff and I'm glad i did. I will also need lots of fan cable extensions and probably another copro (i have 2 already).

I'm going to have 24 fans: 22 ll120s and 2 ll140s

How many fan extensions do you think I'll need :O.

I really hope I don't get bankrupted by this haha :')

Thanks

Hi buddy.. you would need extensions from all cables from the front fans and all from the top fans in my opinion.. so 44 extensions? lol. Devbiker on here makes cables up and actually does a 1000d Starter pack but its not aimed at your level lol so doesnt contain enough for your build....

Glad this thread helps bud :).. did you see my FAQ thread?

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

Hi buddy.. you would need extensions from all cables from the front fans and all from the top fans in my opinion.. so 44 extensions? lol. Devbiker on here makes cables up and actually does a 1000d Starter pack but its not aimed at your level lol so doesnt contain enough for your build....

Glad this thread helps bud :).. did you see my FAQ thread?

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

Woah, well if that's what it takes, it must be done. Already spent £k's on this so a bit extra to make it work will be fine :D.

Do I just search for Devbiker or does he have a store?

That's gonna be a tonne of cables, pwm and rgb. My cable management will probably cause me to go insane :''D.

Thanks for the help

Hey Zotty,

sorry for hijacking your thread, but you've been a great help for me planning my new rig.

Got all the components here so far. But I have a question to the MB installation. I got a Zenith Extreme, but with the 1000d only come 5 MB standoffs. So now I am confused because I don't want to screw up my MB.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Kalorean

Hey Zotty,

sorry for hijacking your thread, but you've been a great help for me planning my new rig.

Got all the components here so far. But I have a question to the MB installation. I got a Zenith Extreme, but with the 1000d only come 5 MB standoffs. So now I am confused because I don't want to screw up my MB.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Kalorean

They are just spares buddy.. the case its self has the EATX standoff's Pre-Installed :)