Corsair Community

Loads of stability Issues, please help :)

yantorsen

read this thread some background info on my problems...http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17785127&page=10

now basically everything is working except I get loads of random errors in windows, and I can't install or play any games (apart from the windows ones)

I am using Vista x64 btw. There is a lot of info in that thread I linked, but if you would like a bit more detail let me know.

THanks guys :)

it passes orthos, and prime

but something is definately wrong with it.

I RMA'd everything and got it all back but im still getting the same problems even though the hdd was found to be faulty and replaced.

I have loads of screenies of various errors I've had, would it help if i posted them?

When you said that you RMA'd everthing. Can you be more specific about what and when you RMA'd.

Have the blue screens always been the same? Have you set the Vdimm higher? Set to 2.0v and retest for crashes.

RMA'd mb, ram, cpu, and hdd.

crashes stopped largely after raising ram volts to 1.9v.

but it won't install any games I have like JTF or MTW2, or the UT3 Demo.

comes up with errors, usually to do with some file becoming corrupted.

I have tryed new installs tens of times

and if I set the ram to 2.1 won't that void the warrenty as it is only supposed to run at 1.9v?

Maximum DDR2 recommended VDIMM: 2.1 Volts, so it's within the warranty specs

Try swapping parts with a similar system. Perhaps it's the PSU?

upped the ram volts to 2.1v, and now I can't get an install at all. I tryed twice I got the following errors, on each go respectively...

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g145/josh2610/SS851380.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g145/josh2610/SS851391.jpg

After looking over your thread over at overclockers and the error messages you've posted here, I'd be taking a closer look at either the data cable going to the optical drive or the optical drive itself, assuming that D:\ is your Liteon. Some optical drives have a problem reading certain brands of disks. Had to disk dupe a copy of BF2 I'd bought onto a different disk in order to get it to install on my notebook.

Lite-On Optical drives are pretty good drives. I doubt that you would have both issuing problems, however, you may have a mainboard issue on that interface.

Is it SATA or PATA? Can you test a swap of the interface?

the one im using is SATA, but the one i tested it with to see if the sata one was at fault was a IDE one.

• Corsair Employee
I would try your reseller first and see if they will help you, other wise yes you would have to send it to us here, and how long it will take will depend on how you ship it to us. If you use the British Equivalent of US postal service it may take 15-45 Days. If you use UPS or FEDEX or DHL the average would be about 7-10 Week Days.

Archived