Corsair Community

A few questions regarding H150i Pro and Commander Pro

RoflCopter726

Hello,

I’m getting ready to start my first build in 8 years.

Here are the build specs:

i5-9600k

Asus Strix z390-E mobo

Samsung 970 Evo 500GB

H150i Pro AIO

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro RAM 32GB 3200 (4x8)

Asus Strix RTX 2070-OC

Corsair AX860 PSU

Corsair 570x Case (black)

Corsair LL 120 fans (x6)

Win10 Pro 64bit

This is the first time I’ll be using an AIO Cooler (H150i Pro) and the commander pro. I’ve searched up a few threads and saw a few diagrams in regard to wiring up the fans and to the commander pro, so I think I should have that covered. My question are:

1. Should I plug the H150i into the CPU_Fan header or AIO_header on the motherboard? Some threads and vids I’ve seen state that the AIO_Header makes the pump run at 100% at all times. Would that decrease the longevity of the pump? I also saw that if it is not plugged into CPU_fan header, it may not boot because the system would think there is nothing there to cool the CPU. I plan on replacing the stock fans in the front of the 570x case with 3 of the LL 120s with the radiator mounted behind them. 2 more on top, and one for exhaust. I don’t plan on powering the radiator fans through the pump power cables, I will power them through the Commander Pro and the RGB cables to the RGB hub that comes with the case. Does that sound correct?

2. The USB cable that plugs into the pump head, what is the better solution? Plugging it into one of the commander pro’s USB headers, or one of the headers on the motherboard?

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated!

Hi buddy...

1. CPU Fan header will do the job.. it's exactly where my H150i is plugged into..

2. Given the Commander Pro has the USB headers you may as well use them right?.. cuts down the cables heading to the motherboard,, either way is ok though

looks like you found my FAQ thread.. but if not.. it's worth the read dude... http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880..

Hope this helps.. feel free to ask further questions :)

Archived