Corsair Community

1000D - How to remove the roof?

UMUX

Just received my 1000D for a big build. I will mount a 420 rad on top and need to make some modifications. Maybe this is simple, but how does one easily remove the top of the 1000D?

That is, the center glass panel with the two 'wings'? I can't see any screws, so does it simply pop off? Just weary of putting too much pressure on it.

Thanks!

There are 4 black posts.

One on each corner of the top cover.

You need to remove the 4 screws inside under the top of the case and then the top will just lift off.

The screws look to be in the outer most corners of the case so do not know how easy they are to reach from inside under the top of the case.

I have not tried removing the roof. I have:

1) Removed the top rails. There are 2 screws holding each rail.

2) Removed the top rear bracket that the top rear rail was attached to. There are 4 screws holding it, 2 underneath the roof, and 2 that are holding it to the rear of the case.

Then locking around, I can see 2 countersunk shiny metal screws that appear to be holding the center of the top panel. I would expect another two in the front underneath the metal bracket that is also holding the front radiator rail on.

There are also 2 plastic clips in each corner, I assume they are holding the pieces on either side of the top filter.

I don't know if the 4 black posts in each corner are holding anything or not.

My current plan is to cut a flat sheet of 1.6mm steel to go in the roof. In that I will cut out 8 120mm holes for 2 480mm radiators I'm mounting in the top. And little holes or slots to screw the fans between this sheet and the radiators into the radiators. I will also make 2 angle brackets to hold it up there from underneath.

Removing the top rear bracket (that was holding the top rear fan tray rail) also makes room for mounting 2 140mm fans in the rear. I'm currently finding it really tedious that I have to drill lots of holes to provide airflow for the 2 140mm fans. There is a hinge obstructing the airflow a little.

Thanks a lot guys. I found the screws that were quite well hidden. Removed the top rail and temporarily the 'glass roof' so that I could access the top. I drilled a few new holes on one side, and used some available brackets to securely mount the 420 rad to the top.

This worked out really well and gave me enough space for the radiator ports on the two 480s on the front under the 420 with fans.

Great stuff!

IMG-2281.jpg

Archived