Corsair Community

New build- LL120 and SP120 on same ComPro?

Porkibear

Hi there,

I’ve been researching this forum for a few days trying to sort out my new pc build and RGB lighting setup. I purchased a 460x RGB case with the pre-supplied SP120 fans on the front of the case. I also purchased a 3-pk LL120 RGB with LNPro. H100i v2 AIO cooler as well. I’d like to swap out the AIO stock fans with either the LL120 or the SP120 RGB fans that came with the case. I’m most probably going to front-mount the radiator behind the front intake fans in a push configuration with two 120mm fans up top and one in the rear for exhaust. I want to keep the SP120 fans together and the LL120 fans together (I.e.- all three LL120 fans grouped in the front of the case, or keep the three SP120 RGB fans in the front.) A few questions:

1). Ideally, which type of fan will serve better use on the radiator? SP fans which came with the case, or LL120 RGB fans?

2). Is it possible to use iCue software to control both sets of SP120 and LL120 fans, each plugged into their own RGB hub, and both hubs being plugged into ONE Commander Pro controller?

3) would it just be easier for me to swap out the included SP120 fRGB fans with a set of 6 LL120 RGB fans? (2 for radiator front mounted, plus 3rd up front, then two top and one rear for exhaust)

Hi buddy..

1. The stock fans would cool slightly better... buts its a very small margin in my opinion. I have LL and HD fans on AIOs here.. they do the job for me.

2. Yep you can do exactly that.... good to see you have done your research on hubs and fans ;)

3. This would make things beautiful!.. why not? :) do it i say! lol

Hi buddy..

1. The stock fans would cool slightly better... buts its a very small margin in my opinion. I have LL and HD fans on AIOs here.. they do the job for me.

2. Yep you can do exactly that.... good to see you have done your research on hubs and fans ;)

3. This would make things beautiful!.. why not? :) do it i say! lol

I guess I’m trying to make use of the RGB case fans already supplied in the 460x RGB rather than buying a whole new 3-pack of the LL120 RGBs. If they can all work connected to one commander pro controller, then all I need to get is the commander pro. We’ll see. Eventually I’ll end up converting to all Ll120 RGB, and remove the SP120 completely.

Would it be possible to utilize the stock AIO fans and the SP120 RGB at the front of the case in a push/pull config, since the stock AIO for h100i v2 is SP-series fans as well? So essentially, I’d have the SP120 RGB already pre-installed on the 460x in the front for push, then the stock h100i v2 fans pulling behind the radiator? Would I be able to sync the fan speed of these four radiator fans?

Thanks for the advice!

As long as you keep the SP and LL fans in different RGB Fan LED Hubs.. yep you can do that fine....

and yeah you can do that.. i had the h100i v2 mounted in the front of my 570x in push/pull for a good while, i was using HD and LL fans myself .... and yeah you could set matching fan curves for the fans in iCUE

http://i.imgur.com/Inj5rW4l.jpg

Thanks Zotty! I actually read over your sticky on RGB lighting options before posting my question. It made things much clearer, but wasn’t sure about running the SP and LL together. Another question regarding the 460x RGB case. I understand the RGB button controller is located on the back panel of the motherboard mount near the front of the case. I will be trying to disconnect this and use iCue instead. Would the commander pro controller fit in this spot, or would I have to stick it under the PSU shroud? I hear cable management is a little challenging on this particular case. I’m just waiting for my SSD M.2 drive to arrive before starting my build, so I want to do a little planning before moving forward with it.

Hi bud.. yeah the Commander Pro would replace the supplied SP Button controller. as for placement.. every build is different dude.. best thing to do is get main cables in place and neat.. 24pin/8pin/ssd/hdd cables etc. then look at what you have to play with. got mine stuck to the back of the PSU in my 570x lol

Archived