Corsair Community

VOID PRO RGB USB, distorted sound after 1903

Doomageddon

Ever since I did the WIN10 1903 update my VOID PRO USB has been acting up. At first, even though the headset was set as default the sound was coming from my monitor. I disabled monitor speaker option and made sure that the headset was selected, this time it was trying to coming through my other monitor. I did a hard uninstall of iCUE and the driver, restarted and attempted to reinstall iCUE and the driver. Again, the headset was default and primary but the sound was coming from the monitor. Did another hard uninstall, after the reboot I plugged the headset in and instead of installing iCUE to get the driver I let WIN 10 take the wheel and install the "best" driver. I was able to get sound from it, the only problem is that the sound is extremely distorted. Anyone that upgraded to 1903 having problems with theirs?

In regards to the default audio device changing when you install the drivers etc. thats normal behavior. I particularly love it when I update my GPU drivers then the monitors have the audio instead of the speakers...And yes I have also seen it enable things I had disabled (monitors) and suddenly they are up and running again.

Try a clean boot and see if that helps with the static on install. Times like this are when my choice to remain 3 months behind everyone else in feature updates is validated.

• 2 weeks later...