Corsair Community

Twin2X2048-5400C4 - not working on 2 motherboards

-EXCALIBUR-

Hello,

In may 2007 i composed a new computer. I'v buyed Twin2X2048-5400C4 with a motherboard Gigabyte GA-M55S-S3.

I'm not a tweaker so all my values are default or automatic.

It worked good till last week. Suddenly a BSOD with the message NON_PAGED_AREA. Rebooting didn't worked. The computer even crashed during booting of the BIOS. So I flashed my BIOS with the latest BIOS but that didn't helped. I started to search and i found this board. :sunglasse

I've read some topics from the RamGuy and i started to try the memtest. The first module i tested was error free. The second module i tested in the same slot give 11000 errors. I was thinking case closed and contacted my local dealer. He swapped the 2 modules .

Now i have installed them and it gives the BSOD again. :eek:

As a test i have put the modules in the computer of my wife. The computer have a motherboard Asrock AM2NF3 and it gave immediatly a BSOD during booting. After this fatal boot it stays dead. rebooting didn't worked. BIOS didn't get loaded. So I placed the original module back ( Cmos ) and her computer works again. Now i have tested the new modules in this computer and again 1 module is OK but the second give errors again.

What can i do? I'm getting really sick of it. :(:

• Corsair Employee
Please make sure that you have the latest Bios version and then load setup/optimized defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.0 volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Thank you for your advice :cool:

Please make sure that you have the latest Bios version

Like i have said in my first post: i already updated the BIOS with the newest version.

set the Dim Voltage to 2.0 volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte)

I have done this at this moment.

then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, or if you have Value Select "BY SPD"

I can't find this in the BIOS settings. Could it have another name?

And where can i find the values that i have to enter?

Archived