Corsair Community

K70 LED Light issue

Dims

At random the following keys will have a dim light to them F1,F2,F3,F4 and Scroll-Lock. If i press the button to disable all lights it will take care of the issue for a short while. I just received this keyboard Wednesday.

Anyone else notice this on K70 Silver (blue LED's) version.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

F1 F2 F3 F4 Scroll Lock keys would have a dim light, if i press the button to switch between all lights and just the ones i have set to light up, it will get rid of dim light on F1-F4 and Scroll Lock for like 2mins.

I tried setting bios switch on keyboard to different setting, but so far no luck fixing this issue.

Mobo: EVGA X58 SLi (keyboard plugged into rear USB ports)

*update* add pictures (my ufo camera :p: )

I did try setting which keys i want to light (again) and notice its causing F1-F4 to have a dim light when i select 1,2,3,4 and WASD keys. If i select to light up arrow keys it seems to cause Scroll-Lock to light up. Sometimes i can get rid of the dim light on F1-F4 and Scroll-Lock by pressing the program button to switch between each mode other times i can't.

Scroll_lock_01.thumb.JPG.3f043a511ae2d7af514b0986400396ae.JPG

Scroll_lock_02.thumb.jpg.a01a95e810db13233336bf02e04fc2f4.jpg

F1-F4_keys.thumb.jpg.7025aaa558cf1c590991b8cb47799d4c.jpg

My K70 no longer works :[pouts: . I shutdown my computer all the way and move the polling switch and now this keyboard is dead. if i boot the computer twice it will say no keyboard detected. Tested different USB ports no luck.

I had to switch back to my old PS/2 keyboard to make this post.

If Corsair will do a cross shipping RMA (without me having to pay) i will RMA it with them, if not this product going back to Amazon for the exchange.

• 1 month later...

I have K70 that is about a month old or older (bought it the first day it was released on Newegg). I leave my computer on 24/7 and all was well UNTIL I went on vacation. I shut down for vacation, and when I powered back up, I have found 5 keys that are no longer backlit - both "shift" keys, "M", "O", and "1". In the programmable mode, the left "shift", the "1" and "M" will light VERY dimly, while the "O" and right "shift" are completely dead. In the "full keyboard lit" mode all 5 keys look to be completely off, though I can't be sure, as the light spills over from other lit keys.

Ram guy, you want mine back?

Ram guy, I now have an RMA number, but I plan on waiting until August 12 (the date the replacements are expected to arrive) so that I can set up an expedited exchange. Please let me know if you want to see this keyboard, and if so, how to make sure that you do.

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased my K70 Silver Edition in mid July and my "6" and ">/." keys no longer light up. I bought mine from Newegg and I'm not sure how to go about getting a replacement if possible.

Edit: Just noticed that the "+" key on my numpad is also not lighting up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Contact customer service via phone and tell them the replacement keyboard is faulty. The representative will help you. Alternatively, you can add a comment to the ticket# but that may be slower than phone.

You can contact them using Skype by calling their toll free number on their website.

Archived