Corsair Community

Corsair 600T SE airflow questions

j4m3550n

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum and have spent the latter of the day reading all of the other posts regarding airflow and have a few quick questions.

1) Is the top 200mm fan attachable to the side mesh panel? Do I need some sort of extra part? If so, what is this part called?

2) I am going to run a Corsair H60 and am wondering if it is better to put the push/pull radiator on the rear of the case or one of the 120mm spots on the top of the case? I've seen both on the forums.

Any input will be helpful as I am planning to have 2 GTX 560Ti's in SLi. I chose to go with the MSI Twin Frozr model because tests have shown the cooling system helps your GPU run about 18degrees cooler (F). I will be doing a bit of overclocking to my CPU (2500k @ 4.5ghz) so my machine will run warm. I just want to optimize air flow and keep it as cool as possible.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

I have my 600t setup with stock fans and h60 pulling in from the rear my 2500k is at 4.6ghz 1.39v (weak cpu) and I max in linx/prime95 at 68°... Your setup will be a lot different tho since you gpu's vent into your case I'd run 4 side fans blowing in and the h60 exhausting at the rear and leave the 200mm fans the way they are (intake front, exhaust top). At 4.5ghz ud have to really screw things up to get bad temps.

Edit: if you're running 560ti's make sure you get the 1280mb or 2gb models. 1gb is not enough at even 1080p. I had 2 560ti's and they would not run bf3 on ultra, even with msaa off. Traded them for my 470s and run ultra flawlessly (still no msaa tho). The 1280mb are beast as they have more cuda cores and benchmarks pretty much on par with gtx 570 and overclock further.

@HOODedAssault: Thank you very much for your input. For the fan arrangement I agree with you. Depending on how much room is left after my GPUs are put in I'll probably remove 1 of the 2 hard drive bays and place the other one on the bottom of the case next to the PSU (assuming they'll fit) to free up the air flow from the front intake fan. If not, I'll try and rig an extra 120mm fan on top of the hd cage and under the 5.25 inch bays (i've seen this in pictures and think it's a good idea). I did end up going with two of the 2gb 560Ti's.

@musicequips - I contemplated it, but I think for the amount of overclocking i'm doing the h60 is enough. Plenty of good reviews about the h60 holding the 2500k at 4.5ghz at cool temps.

In a 600t an h80 would be a much better option over an h100. I had an h100 and there is only 2 options both rad on inside and fans on outside with fans either intaking or exhausting. I had them exhausting, which clearly won't provide optimum airflow through the rad. Did this because as intake on top is both fighting physics (heat rises) and id expect a large amount of dust from the air would be brought into the case. My temps with same fans at same rpms on h60 is about 2° cooler than the h100 was in exhuast/pull orientation. 650D is a much better option for the h100... H100 would be epic in the 600t if they gave it an opening so you could put the pump down through the top and have the rad on the outside of the case underneath the top grill and the fans on the inside pushing up <--- great mod idea imo ;):... I here h100 works fine with low profile ram and x58 boards in the 600t but sandybridge setups have a heatsink on top that h100 doesnt clear.

Archived