Corsair Community

Games open slower when linked to a profile (K55)

KIngLazarusz

I just got my first RGB keyboard (K55) and I linked bf1.exe to a newly created profile. When I open Battlefield 1 the black screen stays for like 30-50 seconds and then the game loads normal. Why is CUE causing the game to load so much slower? Am I doing something wrong?

I just got my first RGB keyboard (K55) and I linked bf1.exe to a newly created profile. When I open Battlefield 1 the black screen stays for like 30-50 seconds and then the game loads normal. Why is CUE causing the game to load so much slower? Am I doing something wrong?

I have mine linked to OW and never noticed any issue.

If you disable/remove the link to it in iCUE, does it still take that long? There could be some outside factors you are not accounting for. This will at least take iCUE out of the picture for diagnostic purposes.

I agree with the above for diagnostic purposes. If it does not improve, I would move on to your Windows 10 Focus Assist settings in the System menu. This has been a sticking point for many since the April update. Also, a quick search for BF1 and black screen loading brings back a lot of recent hits from the past two months. This could be a game specific issue.

I have mine linked to OW and never noticed any issue.

If you disable/remove the link to it in iCUE, does it still take that long? There could be some outside factors you are not accounting for. This will at least take iCUE out of the picture for diagnostic purposes.

I just realised I installed old CUE instead of iCUE, now everything seems to be working ok.

Archived