Corsair Community

HX1000i PSU with H100i Pro RGB Connections and iCue

AVGeek99

I built a new PC a few months ago and installed a H100i Pro RGB water cooler. It's worked great and I really like the iCue monitoring software.

This week my ancient Antec PSU died so I replaced it with the HX1000i PSU from Corsair. I chose the HX1000i so I could control it with iCue.

PSU arrived today and I got installed and works great, but I can't figure out how to get the Corsair Digital Link connected. The PSU came with a USB connector and and a separate Digital link cable I've determined to be an IC2 cable.

The USB cable is the easy install method but I don't have any spare USB headers on my motherboard, the one I have is taken by the H100i Pro RGB water cooler. I searched all over and it appears I am supposed to be able to connect the IC2 digital link cable directly from the PSU to the water cooler. I can see where the one end plugs into PSU, but I don't see any place on the H100i Pro RGB to connect the other end to.

All the pages I've found that say to connect the PSU to the water cooler specifically reference the H100i. Does the H100i Pro RGB not have the IC2 connector? If not, what are my options to get both the PSU and water cooler connected to iCue?

Thanks!

It references the original H100i. Not the H100i GTX, H100i V2, H100i Pro, H100i Platinum or H100i Platinum SE. I might have missed an H100i in there too. Not that the naming is confusing or anything.

If you get 5 pin internal USB extension cables, you can put them both on the same header as they only use a single port on the 2 port header. You just need to be really careful to line up the cables correctly.

I'd be cautious with that as its unpowered. You might have issues with certain devices. The PSU and cooler should be OK though. You might have difficulty with power to anything you might have on, say, the front panel.

I've used something like this https://www.newegg.com/black-tekit-50cm-1-6ft-18inch-internal-5-pin-usb-idc-motherboard-header-male-to-female-m-f-extension/p/1W7-000K-00010 to put my cooler and PSU on the same header. The NZXT internal hub is also powered.

I'd be cautious with that as its unpowered. You might have issues with certain devices. The PSU and cooler should be OK though. You might have difficulty with power to anything you might have on, say, the front panel.

I've used something like this https://www.newegg.com/black-tekit-50cm-1-6ft-18inch-internal-5-pin-usb-idc-motherboard-header-male-to-female-m-f-extension/p/1W7-000K-00010 to put my cooler and PSU on the same header. The NZXT internal hub is also powered.

Thanks for the advice. I read some reviews on the 1-4 splitter and they seem pretty mixed. Lotta people don't have any issues, but others have intermittent issues or worse. One review sounded like someone doing exactly what I'm trying to do and he had intermittent disconnect issues. He ended up going with the NZXT and haven't had any issues. I ordered the NZXT, should be here by Saturday.

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

There are some pretty cheap internal USB 2-way port splitters on eBay. I use one to connect my HX850i PSU and H115i AIO to iCUE via a single mobo port. Mine is similar to the one below and it works perfectly...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motherboard-USB-9P-9Pin-Header-Splitter-1-to-2-Extension-Cable-Port-25-30CM-Sale/122851693695?hash=item1c9a88147f:g:htYAAOSwH2VaAC7r