Corsair Community

No red colour in light after spilled water

drake5000

Okay that's what happened:

1. Spilled some clean water on a keyboard

2. Removed keycaps, removed backplate

3. Dried it out and let it rest for 2 days

Now the red colour is missing from light's RGB spectrum. It literally means when I set static red the keys are dark. Blue and green works fine. Input from all keys works fine.

I start thinking tbh that it's not because of water but of bad assembling by me.

Any idea if I can fix it at home or I'm bringing it to the service center?

• Corsair Employee

It sounds like you shorted the LED's when you spilled water on it. Maybe if you got the water closer to the end of the circuits connection near the lighting controller? I dunno. Always unfortunate. You can try investigating for any damaged circuits on the board if you need to take a closer look. Just follow the regular safety requirements and remember that you do this at your own risk.

You can try reinstalling the firmware in iCUE. Go to Settings and then select the K70 under Device Settings. Then select the firmware update option, and then force update. See if that corrects the issue.

If it doesn't, you can try creating a ticket. Unfortunately, water damage voids the warranty, as does disassembly, so I can't guarantee our support team can authorize the replacement. You can certainly attempt it though.

Archived